Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along and decided to check my current mpg - so scrolled down and it came up with 156 mpg!

Then 78, then 52, then 7, then 128 etc. and finally went back to the time.

Anyone else suffered similar and I'm guessing it's a job for the dealer as and when I go back.

Thanks

Geoff

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
I've had very high readings when I've been off the throttle - don't think anything was wrong, just coasting. I always drive with the average reading in my MFD, not the current, it's too distracting and not that relevant or accurate.

Cass

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Geoff - remember the current mpg does vary up and down frantically based on throttle, hills and gear selection

Are you saying however it went through the various figures without any change in the above? Also did it automatically switch to the Clock without any input from you? If so, then sounds like something is wrong maybe

Kaine

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kaine but something is wrong as these figures came up within a nanosecond and without any changes in throttle / road / slope etc. I used to be able to scroll down from current to average to 'since refuelling' but these have gone.

I can live without it until I need to visit a dealer for something major.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
gotcha - interestingly I had some fun with my MFD last week too - when I changed from 'since start' to 'since refuel', it changed from mpg to average speed (or any other option) - I just had to scroll back through to the right one, however it neve used to do this

Maybe needs a reboot?

·
Registered
876 Posts
my understanding is for the reset occurs every 10000kms but does not alter the overall averages....

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Kaine said:
gotcha - interestingly I had some fun with my MFD last week too - when I changed from 'since start' to 'since refuel', it changed from mpg to average speed (or any other option) - I just had to scroll back through to the right one, however it neve used to do this

Maybe needs a reboot?
Mine does that (I switch from "long term" to "since ref." a bit - it didn't bother me until now ... damn you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts