Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Typical - my 07 plate 2.5TDI has just gone out of warranty, and there are now several spots of oil on the driveway. Anybody got any ideas on this? The only fluid i ever noticed was due to the aircon overflow which was definitely water during summer when returning home after a long drive - garage said it was normal.

Engine oil is a bit different - how worried should i be? It seems to be hardly any loss?

any help appreciated

justin

G

·
You need to establish where it is leaking from to assist diagnosis - for instance, IIRC, there is an oil/coolant intercooler near the front of the car which has been a source of leaks.

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Had a good look and i think there is a leak around one of the black pipes to the front left of the engine - no idea if this is the intercooler or not and whether it is a major job or if i can get a local garage to do it. As mentioned before, warranty expired in March!

Anyone got any ideas - hopefully the diagrams should show where there is a build of of liquid around the join. It isn't much, but i dont want to end up with a catastrophic failure!

justin

IMGP7515.JPG IMGP7514.JPG

Attachments

G

·
Justin, Can't offer any help from your pics - it's not the intercooler, but I have looked at my engine and it's completely dry there, so I think an expert look would be best

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
The black pipe is a coolant pipe. Looking at the pics the oil looks as though it could be coming from higher up, perhaps the front of the rocker cover or maybe a seal behind the front acoustic cover.

·
11 Posts
My car just came out from a service, now spotting oil on the drive. Looks like over spill finding its way down the engine onto the engine tray then the drive. VW not intrested

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
CRT , maybe just spilt oil from removing the old filter , i,ve had this previously with my passat , when i phoned mechanic day after service to tell him i had oil spots on drive (never a drop previous to service) he said the angle of the oil filter made it difficult to remove without some spillage onto the sump tray , problem ceased after couple of days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts