Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gurus,

Now my problems get worse, still trying to fix the intermittant starting problem, and now the car had to be towed home. Was driving along at 60-70mph and then lost power, grey smoke and oil all over the engine compartment. Everytime i start the car it slike a oil fountain coming from the oil cap, when the car does start it is very lumpy and has little or no power. Also lost my coolant since its telling me on the dash. The cars got 86k and it is a 2.5tdi.

Been told my VW they may contribute towards costs of repair but they would need to submit to HQ for approval. It is worth giving them a look at ?150 or should i go to an indy and spend the money there. I'm think along the lines of headgasket, but woudl appreciate any help or info as to wether he problem may be deeper. Also has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks for everyones continued help and support

Nimish

·
656 Posts
Hmmmm I would normally suggest turning the car off and back on again... but I don't think it''l work on this occasion.. Hope it's not too bad.. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
The fact that you are getting the "oil fountain" is almost certainly a sign that that the cylinders are pressurising the crankcase, and it may be a lot worse than just a head gasket, I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Based on my experience of ?4,000 to fix a coolant leak a few months out of warranty (the engine had to come out to replace both head gaskets) - where I paid ?800 and the rest was good-will, getting a VW to look at it might be the best way to go.

Cas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts