Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Elite Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my cooling system sorted after an oil cooler failure - still "under discussion" on the warranty front.

However, as is always the case (with me anyway) I'm now listening for and noticing things that seem a little different since the repair.

One item which is pretty measurable and sticks in my mind are the four dials on the instrument cluster

From left to right

Oil Temp - used to be 90 10:00 position (when warm) now nearer 100 or 11:00 position
Water temp - always 12:00 position or 90
Fuel - like a second hand in reverse .... and quicker!
Battery - 16 volts or 2:00 position

The oil reading is where I have noticed a difference.
I was wondering what reading other owners have - I'm hoping that maybe my reading for oil hasn't really changed or the higher temp equates to better pressure ?

G

·
Sounds spot on to me

Mine hovers just over 90 if I am having a "Sunday Driver" session and nearer 100 if SWMBO is not in the car :twisted:

Rich

·
350 Posts
Sounds OK, water temp usually 90, oil temp varies depending on "welly" factor :wink: but usually between 90 and 100.

·
Elite Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like my right foot may be a tad overweight then

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Funny you mention this as its been bugging me..........

oil temp was always dead on 90 with no variations - Since I got the new turbo, it stays at 90 on urban driving but its closer to 100 on motorway - I just reckon its the engine wearing in

·
108 Posts
yep mine are the same.

Oil Temp - 90 to 100 n
Water temp - 90
Fuel - on the move all the time

graham

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
I once had a SAAB 900 turbo 16 valve. If I drove it sensibly, when I got home in the dark and lift the bonnet the turbo glowed a bit.

If I really, really hooned it and did the same, the turbo wasn't only bright orange, you could see the internals!!

So I don't think any of you are trying hard enough!!! :twisted:

And this was a car that did over 250K before I lost track of it when it was still on the same engine, gearbox, clutch . . . and turbo!

·
1,307 Posts
and then General Motors made them rebodied Vauxhalls!!

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
stu said:
and then General Motors made them rebodied Vauxhalls!!
And THAT is EXACTLY why I never had another one!

Plus the new SAABs Dirctor who came from BMW removed the franchise from my garage in central Oxford who'd been with SAAB from the 2-stroke days and which operated out of some listed mews houses so couldn't do the grey/black and chrome "thing" and gave the franchise to some complete t*ssers who I wouldn't have trusted to service a Trabant.

The funny thing was the SAAB network were so disgusted they continued to supply the old garage with new cars. The new dealer complained bitterly but SAAB gave up trying to halt the practice when they realised the old dealer was still knocking out over 100 units a year AND were sorting out the tricky warranty problems on cars sold by the new dealer who then couldn't fix them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts