Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like full blown office parties - drinks, meal, dancing, drinks, dancing, drink, groping, drinks vomit, taxi, complete amnesia and pix on youtube next day?

Or would you prefer a nice lunch with a few colleagues?

You can probably guess my preference!

·
886 Posts
Sure can!

Have you got the you tube link Richard save me searching!!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
i think everyone would prefer the second - we were discussing this last night - a lot of mid/large companies give the employees no choice and they either go or get nothing. In my last job the company eventully changed the policy and allowed employees ?25 each to do with what they wanted - our department (of 10) still got together for a meal, but the majority (total employees of 1500) didn't.

SWMBO used to work for Makita and after too 'group' christmas parties they stopped doing them due to fighting

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makita make great power tools: mine are over 25 years old and still going strong though I I have acquired battery operated power tools as well now. But I like the idea of their punch ups - circulars saws at midnight!!

·
749 Posts
Prefer a nice lunch or dinner with select collegues who arnt going to talk shop for the entire time.

Our compnay has given ?20 a head venue of our choice the ?20 can only be paid direct to the restaurant not the individual !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ever year, regular as batteries we used to get together an' have our special "CampChamp" Holiday party. Bein' a Muslim I ain't had a drink since 1964. But Angelo Dundee got this guy called Don with real funny stickin' up hair round to my place one day over the Holidays. Now he was ugly. An' boy he could drink ... matter of fact, now I recall - his hair was normal til he downed a quart of The Champ's best bourbon and stuck his pinky in the power socket in the den.

King! That was the fella's name! You take The Champ's advice, people, stick to bars and clubs for your Holiday celebrations. But whatever you do don't let Donald King round to your pad and stick anything in anywhere. He ain't too choosy, know what I'm sayin'?

I am the Greatest! You all be cool now.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Muhammad Ali said:
Ever year, regular as batteries we used to get together an' have our special "CampChamp" Holiday party. Bein' a Muslim I ain't had a drink since 1964. But Angelo Dundee got this guy called Don with real funny stickin' up hair round to my place one day over the Holidays. Now he was ugly. .
Cassius,wasn't Angelo the bloke who slit your gloves and saved you from ignominious defeat when our 'Enery put you on your arse.
That Angelo must have been as nutty as a Dundee Cake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ain't sayin' nothin' about that night apart from this. Henry Cooper sure hit hard but he smelled like some kinda accident in a florist. While I'm wonderin' where the stench is comin' from, he's up and hit me with that stupid left of his.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, he splashed you all over!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts