Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a new scanner. I have an older one I bought probably 15 years ago.
What is the most popular one used on our Touareg,s. Also which one do you recommend.

·
Chairman
19,922 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now that's not strickly true is it. In your opinion maybe

Obdeleven is alslo very popular with Touareg owners.
VCDS has been around for ever and has a good reputation but it's implementation has a bit of a 90s feel to it and perhap is falling behind on usability. Obdeleven is much more modern with some functions available with a single button press, it's bluetooth and app based.

I have neither but may buy one at some point.

·
Chairman
19,922 Posts
Actually your post has reminded me that Ross-Tech aren't getting full experience on the T5 since it's not sold in the US where they are based.

Potential buyers need to talk to Gendan who sell VCDS here in the UK.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In what way are Ross-Tech users not getting full experience on the T5?

Mine works fine for me on my T5. It actually works better than it did with my Tiguan when I first got it.

Maybe I'm missing something?

·
Elite Member
1,277 Posts
Nooby is saying that the T5 is not available in the USA and so Ross Tech don't have local access to fine tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In what way are Ross-Tech users not getting full experience on the T5?

Mine works fine for me on my T5. It actually works better than it did with my Tiguan when I first got it.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Hi tech
What do you actually do on your T5 with the scanner ?
I would like to turn stop/start to normally off not on
thanks
Colin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi tech
What do you actually do on your T5 with the scanner ?
I would like to turn stop/start to normally off not on
thanks
Colin
I got my Hex-Net when I bought a used Tiguan because there were a few issues that I thought the supplying dealers should have known about when they sold it to me and I wanted a record of the vehicle status before taking it to them.

I was too inconvenient to go back to the supplying dealer due to family issues so I took it to my trusted local dealer instead. I didn't have the car long enough to really need it in the end because I replaced the Tiguan with a nearly new Touareg after a year.

It has been useful though. These modern cars are so complicated that I can't imagine not having one. I mainly use it once a month to check that everything is tickety-boo and to clear any codes I feel the need to clear.

I like to keep an eye on the soot content, regens and AdBlue usage. I also like to keep an eye on the battery history during the cold months when the car isn't getting as much use.

I've only made a few changes to settings as I can live with the way the car is configured.

I believe there are instructions for disabling stop-start somewhere on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts