Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my Treg is fitted with a nokia Bluetooth thing all plumbed into the car , however I don't have the password key
to get into it, I have searched about and you can't reset or restore you have to know the code which is the last 4 digits of the serial number
on the nokia control box. Anyone know where this maybe??? Under the dash???
Behind glove box, behind sat nav display ????

Are these 3 areas easy to look at ????

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Hi Pants, looks like you got yourself a pretty loaded car there...

I'm guessing it was a trade sale? Even so, could you possibly get a hold of the previous owner using the V5 and ask about the Phono cables, and BT carkit..?

Worth a punt maybe? May discover things you didn't realise it had?

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hipflyguy but no it was private, 3 previuos owners,
original owner, and elderly chap and then his son in his late 40's

I quized him over the Bluetooth and he said his phone just connected, but I fund that
hard to believe as I have tried 3 different phones and it asks for passcode everytime.

He did say the code maybe somewhere with the paper work, but I have looked and looked
and can't find it, so in reality I beleive the previous 2 owners never used it.

So I'm not sure the original owner will remember the code, not sure how I could contact him either.

Just don't fancy stripping dash apart to find this nokia unit

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
Are we talking about the OEM VW installed nokia bluetooth module under the drivers seat or do you have an aftermarket kit?

OEM bluetooth default passcode is 1234 but can be changed via VagCom.

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are we talking about the OEM VW installed nokia bluetooth module under the drivers seat or do you have an aftermarket kit?

OEM bluetooth default passcode is 1234 but can be changed via VagCom.
Hi chaser I'm not sure if it is oem installed, I have a data sheet from
when the car was bought new and I can't find anything to say it was fitted from new???

My phones see a nokia ck-1w (I think it is) when I try to connect it asks
for passcode, I have tried 1234 and 0000.

I will look under passenger seat asap today to see if the module is there ???

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right , no box under the passenger seat, if it was oem would I have
a telephone button on the steering wheel??? If so then no I have not.

It must be connected to the car system as I have no external speakers?? there is a phone
button as part of my satnav unit and the micro phone is by rearveiw mirror.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Pants,

I was in exactly you position a year ago and I gave up!

I spent £200 (fitted) on a brand new Parrot hands-free installation that included i-pod compatability and have not looked back!

Cheers,

John.

·
1,307 Posts
pants, if it was a genuine VW kit you would have two buttons on the steering wheel, one to answer and cancel calls and a star button for the voice control, assuming that yours is the same as mine!!

the nokia box is under the drivers seat you will see it if you slide the seat forwards.

finally when i went to pair my phones the relevant codes were displayed on the MFD and i had to type them in to the phones.

there after the car just knows if it is me or my wifes phone and connects automatically.

it sounds like you have an after market system maybe.

the VW kit can be funny about which phones it likes also, they have to have RSAP (Remote Sim Access Profile)

good luck

·
560 Posts
Pants,

I was in exactly you position a year ago and I gave up!

I spent £200 (fitted) on a brand new Parrot hands-free installation that included i-pod compatability and have not looked back!

Cheers,

John.
Cheers john, I won't be giving up yet, but I'm thinking even if I find the code or Suss out how to connect to it
the iPhone won't work very well with it.

I may bite the bullet one day and buy parrot but for know I'm going to try and crack it

Aaahhh thanks stu I mis read and looked under the passengers seat , will go and have a look now , but it must be after Market like you said but apprently
if I can find the unit the code is on there, is hard to remove sat nav to have a look behind there if it's not under my drivers seat ???

I have the s2

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Yeah, good man Pants, keep us posted!

Cheers,

John

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, good man Pants, keep us posted!

Cheers,

John
Ha ha ha I done it, I searched everywhere and then seen a black wire earthed to the back of the brake pedal
so I crawled underneath and seen a black box cable tied to the body work, shoved my hand up there and cut
the cable tie and down fell A nokia box
yippee I thought however I then had to suss out which numbers on the back
maybe the code, punched in a few attemps and hay presto 4th attempt and it connected.

So happy now, couldn't really try it as I was in work and it was noisy so will have a play tonight to see if the
iPhone connects to it

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Good effort - fortune favours the brave but persistance is often more rewarding!!

Cheers,

John

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
I just love a happy ending.....

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Will be very interested to hear if your iphone connects to it OK as I have one of those kits from a previous car ready for installation in my Treg..

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will be very interested to hear if your iphone connects to it OK as I have one of those kits from a previous car ready for installation in my Treg..
Right the outcome is , it works some shape, iPhone 3gs connected and paired, the speaking does not come from the car speakers but there
appears to be a speaker of some sort behind the dash, it's fine a can hear it plainly.

If I double click the nokia button then the iPhone automatically comes up with voice dial, but I think u
have to have an american accent for that to work, although I will keep trying to get it right.

But nothing comes up on the sat nav screen but the display in the dash behind steering wheel says " phone ".

So it does work except I have no display of who's calling without looking at phone ,
so I have no address book I can control.

But it does ring, answer and speak so I guess it's doing it's job.

I only had a quick play so will have another look tommorw when o free

·
1,307 Posts
nice one!!! as you say at least you have the hands free facility which is all you need to keep the points off your license!!!

·
67 Posts
nice one!!! as you say at least you have the hands free facility which is all you need to keep the points off your license!!!
You have a basic, aftermarket Nokia bluetooth kit which comes with a daft wee speaker as standard. It is fairly easy to get an audio mute/send cable which runs from the control box and into your head unit. This will mute the radio when calls come in and send the sound through the speakers. Any decent car hifi can make this mod for you for £50 to £75. It will improve your experience no end and is worth doing.

There's no reason to change to a Parrot/THBury or similar for greater cost unless you can't live without the little screen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts