Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New owner and first time on here.

Last week I picked up my 2007 2.5 TDi Auto (facelifted version). It a commercial version (what we call the Business over here in Ireland). Only had 10k miles (16000 kms) on it and ?15000 less then the new price so I am very happy as you can imagine.

A couple of niggles I just wanted to ask about.

I have noticed some creaking from the dash somewhere on front of me. Mainly on slightly rougher roads. Saw a few posts on the subject but with mixed results from the fixes. Anyone have information on this that I should know before I look to have it done under warrantee.

Second one is a little more worrying. the speed limit over here is 120kms on the motorways. I use my stand alone GPS to set my cruise control at 122. I notice this morning when I excelerated to pass cars and reached around 127 there was a droning sound from the rear somewhere. Stopped when I slowed and came back when I tried the same speed again.
Any ideas or is this normal. I saw something about roof bars (I have side to sides) causing noise but at lower speeds.

Thanks Guys.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum. In case of roof bars, I have the cross bars and they make a noise at around 80mph (128kph) so this may be the cause.

Kaine

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Not sure on your dash noises.... I've got Harry the Hamster trapped in his wheel in my dash... been taken apart twice by two dealers only to be no better... having to live with it I feel....

As for noise at the rear.... if you pull your roof rails apart and try the same journey I'm sure the noise will be gone... just try moving them slightly should fix it... (plus make sure they're fitted the right way round... the smaller angled rail needs to be at the back.... strange but true, so you may just need to swap 'em around)

Smell ya later.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll check the position of the roof bars.

Looks like a visit to the dealer for the dash noise.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked and the bars were on backwards. I don't know how because there is a picture showing you the direction under the lock cover.

Lucky I didn't have to pay for them because they were added as a deal sweetner.

Thanks guys. We'll see on the drive home if the sound is gone.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That worked.

Still have the dash noise and now noticed the passenger front door rattles. Also tracking is off a bit. A trip to the dealer then.

·
656 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
As for noise at the rear.... if you pull your roof rails apart and try the same journey I'm sure the noise will be gone... just try moving them slightly should fix it... (plus make sure they're fitted the right way round... the smaller angled rail needs to be at the back.... strange but true, so you may just need to swap 'em around)
Hi HFG,
Just to clarify, the correct way to fit the bars is as follows. The shorter angled, flatter fronted bar to the front and the longer angled, pointier bar to the rear. As mentioned, diagrams are on the inside of the lock cover plates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts