Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY TREG, I HAD A ACCIDNT IN IT ON THE THE PASSENGER SIDE, AND AFTER THE ACCIDENT I HAD LOST ALL POWER, THE BATTERY'S FINE JUST DOESNT GIVE POWER TO CAR. ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP. THANKS

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Could there be some form of saftey cut-out that needs re-setting?

Perhaps it is in the handbook- sorry I cant be more helpful.

Cas

·
178 Posts
Normally, in an accident, the fuel will be cut off automatically to prevent a fire. So this may possibly be the case.
Maxime

·
75 Posts
if the airbag/collision sensor has been activated, doesn't this cause a trip switch to be triggered under the driver seat?

i seem to recall discussions around this when the VAG-COM was used to test that sensor, it caused this same problem.

I have searched, but cant find the information that i am sure i have read before, but thats what i remember.

·
Registered
74 Posts
that saftey switch is under the passenger seat just in front of the battery . Jack the seat up completely and slide it foreward then look in underneath the seat for the yellow switch. it has a button on top - press it . Some will be under a black cover but you should still be able to see the hole and the button. It should all come back to life. Then turn the key anti - clocks wise once and the klocks wise like normal and rest your time and stuff.

D

G

·
Tregtech - this could be really useful info. I looked under my pax seat but couldn't pick out anything yellow or a button to push. There was what looked like a large relay, black, with the number 443 stencilled on it. Didn't try lifting it in case it was the wrong thing. Can you give more hints about the look and the location, please.

Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Andy,
Infront of that relay is a black plastic cover about the size of your hand. on the inner side of that cover towards the battery side and a bit forward is a slightly raised bitty , and on top there is a hole through the cover big enough for your finger to go in . The yellow button is in there.

Good luck
D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts