Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped into vw Crewe this morning for the Tregs fourth variable service, had a noisy
round the White 58 plate v6 altitude they have for sale.

Dealt with Matt Udale the senior sales guy there, long and short of it is
I pick the New one up Friday morning, got a really good deal to start with
Plus a set of ayers rocks thrown in for ?500.

I will post some pictures when I pick it up but basic spec is as follows;

Campanella White
Black cricket
Memory seats
Rear blinds
Tints
Keyless open / go
Ex demo
20" ayers rocks
Touch screen nav
Face lift

Currently feel pretty pleased with ones self.

Oh, px on mine was ?16k which clinched the deal for me ( '06 v6 alt with 70k )

Can't belive the difference between the two engines - 225 / 240ps

Few pics from dealer - next lot i upload it will be wearing Ayres Rocks;
View attachment 2 IMG_0267.JPG[/attachment:2tlkam83]
View attachment 1 Tregrear.jpg[/attachment:2tlkam83]
Tregint.jpg[/attachment:2tlkam83]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,917 Posts
Nice deal!

Ours is due a service soon........
 

·
'Ow bist?
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
I have to say, that it does look lovely. I never thought this white thing would catch on ... funny how it goes around, isn't it?

Achingly pretty motor, Towrag. Just gorgeous. You really need to come and get that dirty in Somerset, y'know!



Chris
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
That's the first one I've seen in white and I love it.......


There's a white Cayenne lives near me and that too looks good in white, it's definitely making a come back.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
886 Posts
superb motor in a super colour.

Enjoy!


Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the vote of support, was having second thoughts on the colour must admit. :roll:

Couple of things i forgot to mention;

1. Removable towbar FOC
2. Gap ins FOC
3. Service plan ( 3 years based on 30k pa ) FOC
4. Ayres Rocks FOC i paid for the tyres ?500.00

Didn't haggle the screen price of ?29990 but the dealer had already knocked ?500.00 off that before i'd enquired, plus the goodies above.

Don't think i've done to bad.

Should pick up this friday all being well.

Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Jim.
I've posted already about your vehicle. I was extremely careful when I was test driving "your" car. I didn't revved the engine above 2000 rpm. I did super smooth changes with the gearbox, and I was braking as if there were eggs on the dashboard
. Anyway happy motoring, like you say super engine. I'm collecting mine Saturday week. Working this weekend
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
886 Posts
Towrag said:
Thanks for the vote of support, was having second thoughts on the colour must admit. :roll:

Couple of things i forgot to mention;

1. Removable towbar FOC
2. Gap ins FOC
3. Service plan ( 3 years based on 30k pa ) FOC
4. Ayres Rocks FOC i paid for the tyres ?500.00

Didn't haggle the screen price of ?29990 but the dealer had already knocked ?500.00 off that before i'd enquired, plus the goodies above.

Don't think i've done to bad.

Should pick up this friday all being well.

Jim
staffs said:
Jim.
I've posted already about your vehicle. I was extremely careful when I was test driving "your" car. I didn't revved the engine above 2000 rpm. I did super smooth changes with the gearbox, and I was braking as if there were eggs on the dashboard
. Anyway happy motoring, like you say super engine. I'm collecting mine Saturday week. Working this weekend
Stuffy G*ts
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
111 Posts
Very nice

Lee
 

·
Chairman
Joined
·
20,048 Posts
Funnily enough, I tried this one out too. [Who on here didn't?]

I spun him a very good yarn and Matt very kindly lent it to me for the weekend so I nipped over to the Nurburgring but only did ten laps before I was black flagged for hooning. I was supposed to pay a hefty fine, but I got out of that by letting Sabine have a go for three laps putting in astonishing lap times far, far quicker than she did in Clarkson's van [though she did say white cars always remind her of him and then went very pink!]. Anyway, you'll understand why I'm not at all suprised it needed 4 new boots before you could pick it up.

You'll be pleased to know that your leather seats cleaned up very well after my projectile vomit on her second lap and me pooping my pants as she really went for it on the third, so that's good even if I wasn't quite playing Cricket.

More good news, by the way: it topped out at a genuine 143 for mile after mile after mile on the autobahn there and back. Did I tell you I borrowed a tune it yourself box before I went - http://www.chipexpress.com/?gclid=CJic4 ... nAod2X8L3w? - 40% more poke and it showed, but it was still very disappointing to have to move over so often, especially for Cayennes tootling past at 155 mph or whatever that is in deutchmarks.

And I can report that it was a very useful tool when great pulling some old tree stumps out on the Monday morning before I took it back to Matt though it did pong a bit of hot oil or something burning, but if it's still running I'm sure no lasting damage has been done [hope you've got a good warranty just in case].

Anyway I didn't need the towbar you've now had fitted, I just put the chains around the back axle [I did use an old inner tube so it didn't mark it too much . . . though perhaps that's why the dealer knocked 500 quid off].

Anyway, not a bad motor . . . before I had it! :twisted:

Cheers

Nooby

P.S. When I got home, for the life of me I couldn't find the little brown package someone asked me to bring back so if you do find the marching powder tucked away somewhere behind one of the door panels, keep it safe and PM me. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
...Noob forgot to mention that he always collects "swarf" from the gearboxes of cars that he test drives...ha!

Loverly motor!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
noobytoogy]Funnily enough said:
I spun him a very good yarn and Matt very kindly lent it to me for the weekend so I nipped over to the Nurburgring but only did ten laps before I was black flagged for hooning. I was supposed to pay a hefty fine, but I got out of that by letting Sabine have a go for three laps putting in astonishing lap times far, far quicker than she did in Clarkson's van [though she did say white cars always remind her of him and then went very pink!]. Anyway, you'll understand why I'm not at all suprised it needed 4 new boots before you could pick it up.

You'll be pleased to know that your leather seats cleaned up very well after my projectile vomit on her second lap and me pooping my pants as she really went for it on the third, so that's good even if I wasn't quite playing Cricket.

More good news, by the way: it topped out at a genuine 143 for mile after mile after mile on the autobahn there and back. Did I tell you I borrowed a tune it yourself box before I went - http://www.chipexpress.com/?gclid=CJic4 ... nAod2X8L3w? - 40% more poke and it showed, but it was still very disappointing to have to move over so often, especially for Cayennes tootling past at 155 mph or whatever that is in deutchmarks.

And I can report that it was a very useful tool when great pulling some old tree stumps out on the Monday morning before I took it back to Matt though it did pong a bit of hot oil or something burning, but if it's still running I'm sure no lasting damage has been done [hope you've got a good warranty just in case].

Anyway I didn't need the towbar you've now had fitted, I just put the chains around the back axle [I did use an old inner tube so it didn't mark it too much . . . though perhaps that's why the dealer knocked 500 quid off].

Anyway, not a bad motor . . . before I had it! :twisted:

Cheers

Nooby

P.S. When I got home, for the life of me I couldn't find the little brown package someone asked me to bring back so if you do find the marching powder tucked away somewhere behind one of the door panels, keep it safe and PM me. Thanks.
Nooby, what are you on? We definitely need to up your medication
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All good banter


Had to pull out of the deal, get divorced instead,and, just found out how much it's going to cost me :shock:


looks like ill have to get the rear pads changed then :roll:

Jim
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
886 Posts


I love it
 

·
Chairman
Joined
·
20,048 Posts
I meant to say it was very interesting the gap insurance was offered FOC.

These policies are actually quite cheap on line - I paid ?100 on a ?25K Merc I took on a 2 year lease for SWMBO.

I know dealers try to get anything from ?300-500 or even more which is daft but it probably represents more profit than they had in the car itself so they LOL and high five the moment you've left the showroom! [Its the same huge, huge margin on the supawondamarvyguard paint and upholstery rip off that you can do yourself for ?30.]

However, even smart ar$es like me can come unstuck.

Having paid the ?100 and got the docs, I then discovered several weeks later [too late for the cooling off period to return the policy] that my insurer at the time, the NFU, will replace written off cars up to 2 years old with the equivalent new model so I needn't have bought the gap insurance in the first place! DOH!!

So the moral is, check your policy details first!!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top