Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

I ordered a Touareg Black Edition in October and the lead time very quickly went from 24 weeks, to 40 weeks to 40+ weeks.

I chased the supplying dealer last week, who confirmed my factory slot is in build week 41 (10th-16th October) so I'm not expecting the new car much before December (this will be about 14 months from Order > Delivery!)

Quite the difference to the 2 months from order > delivery at the back end of 2019 for the current Touareg I have.

My Question - does anyone know when the model year changes for the Touareg? I'm worried that with such a lengthy delay we'll move into the next model year and that standard specifications may change. The worry is that that things that are standard on the spec that we have on order drop off (as has been seen throughout the industry with things like 360 cameras etc in light of the semiconductor shortage.)

Thanks all,

TCG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The model year normally changes during the August factory shutdown - my 2016 model year Touareg was built in Early September 2015.

With delays being caused by world-wide chip shortage the big risk of specification change is decontenting which several manufacturers are resorting to.
That's useful info, thanks.

When do VW generally publish what the following year specification changes will be? Much before Aug?

I ordered via an online broker so assume I am covered by distance selling regs as have never visited the supplying main dealer in person - and could therefore cancel without penalty, but long delays are the norm at the mo and no-one else seems to be offering 0% Finance or such large discounts.

Fingers crossed the semiconductor supply issue will improve rather than get worse and the MY change is a positive thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looks like the wait is only going to increase.

Ordered October 2021, and was given an October 2022 build week.

Letter from VW this week through the post saying that ongoing semiconductor Issues + additional supply issues due to Ukraine/Russia means additional uncertainty.

Contacted my dealer who advise that the October 2022 build week has now been removed from my order and there is no slot currently scheduled for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is exactly the position I'm in. Enormous discount and 0% finance vs. delay and everything else that I'm interested in offering no meaningful discount and cruddy finance terms. Just need something significant to go wrong with my current car and my world will be complete.
@Wookiee Yep. Exactly. I do not want to own my current Touareg outside of warranty - which expires at the end of Oct. It looks like I may have no choice unless we see if we can live on just my wife's company car for a while.

Finance is the killer - some rates are up at around 4-6% now, some as high as 6.9%. Each percentage point on the finance for my Touareg Black Ed is £27 per month. That makes just about everything that is anywhere near comparable significantly more expensive.

I believe that since ordering the Touareg not only has the price gone up, the 0% has disappeared and it's now 5.2%.

First world problems and we're lucky to have these issues to deal with I guess, but a stark difference to when I ordered my current car - signing the order to being delivered was 2 months (and that was factory, not stock!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
From Dealership:

Please see the MY23 changes:

New standard specification: - PEH: Electric luggage compartment opening and closing now standard on SEL Option deletions: - Z50: Innovision Cockpit for R-Line trim - C7C7 Moonlight Blue Pearl Colour Changes: - L5L5 Antimonial Silver replaced by F0F0 Dolomite Silver - 2T2T Deep Black Pearl replaced by 0E0E Grenadilla Black Metallic - 8H8H Aquamarine Blue replaced by D6D6 Meloe Blue Crystal Effect

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
And we're back to March (was Feb)

For kicks, I checked the latest pricing from the broker I ordered through...

The car is now £66,400 with 6.6% finance. I ordered at £60k with 0% finance.

That near DOUBLES the monthly cost assuming an £18k deposit and £23k GFMV @ 48mo/10k miles yr - payments go from £396 to £732.

Crazy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts