Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
I'm not sure the situation is a great deal better with other cars...

0% Finance and £10k discount on the Touareg made it much more affordable than alternatives too!
This is exactly the position I'm in. Enormous discount and 0% finance vs. delay and everything else that I'm interested in offering no meaningful discount and cruddy finance terms. Just need something significant to go wrong with my current car and my world will be complete.

· Registered
46 Posts
@Wookiee Yep. Exactly. I do not want to own my current Touareg outside of warranty - which expires at the end of Oct. It looks like I may have no choice unless we see if we can live on just my wife's company car for a while.

Finance is the killer - some rates are up at around 4-6% now, some as high as 6.9%. Each percentage point on the finance for my Touareg Black Ed is £27 per month. That makes just about everything that is anywhere near comparable significantly more expensive.

I believe that since ordering the Touareg not only has the price gone up, the 0% has disappeared and it's now 5.2%.

First world problems and we're lucky to have these issues to deal with I guess, but a stark difference to when I ordered my current car - signing the order to being delivered was 2 months (and that was factory, not stock!)
I had a video message today saying that I was confirmed for build week 13 (pretty much now?) but that they wouldn't get too excited until its actually built and they know it's going on a boat! I'll believe it when I see it...

· Registered
46 Posts
Had an email from my dealer yesterday saying that my car is actually built and sat in Emden waiting for a passing boat. I might actually get it within a year of ordering it!

Reactions: Cass
1 - 4 of 4 Posts