Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's useful info, thanks.

When do VW generally publish what the following year specification changes will be? Much before Aug?

I ordered via an online broker so assume I am covered by distance selling regs as have never visited the supplying main dealer in person - and could therefore cancel without penalty, but long delays are the norm at the mo and no-one else seems to be offering 0% Finance or such large discounts.

Fingers crossed the semiconductor supply issue will improve rather than get worse and the MY change is a positive thing.
If you have a contract with the broker/dealer for a specific spec of car then that is what should be delivered to you irrespective of any change VW make to their standard specs I'd have thought. If they change the spec then they are not abiding by your contract which gives you the right of redress.

·
Registered
430 Posts
@Wookiee Yep. Exactly. I do not want to own my current Touareg outside of warranty - which expires at the end of Oct. It looks like I may have no choice unless we see if we can live on just my wife's company car for a while.

Finance is the killer - some rates are up at around 4-6% now, some as high as 6.9%. Each percentage point on the finance for my Touareg Black Ed is £27 per month. That makes just about everything that is anywhere near comparable significantly more expensive.

I believe that since ordering the Touareg not only has the price gone up, the 0% has disappeared and it's now 5.2%.

First world problems and we're lucky to have these issues to deal with I guess, but a stark difference to when I ordered my current car - signing the order to being delivered was 2 months (and that was factory, not stock!)
At this rate new internal combustion engines will be illegal in the UK before yours is built!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Had an email from my dealer yesterday saying that my car is actually built and sat in Emden waiting for a passing boat. I might actually get it within a year of ordering it!
As long as it's not the one that went down in the Atlantic or you're in for an even longer wait 😂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts