Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2025 Touareg r line 262
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
New member with a 2015 R Line 262 T4 75 k miles and only 3 weeks of ownership and with one minor niggle.
I have a clunk /popping sound from the rear near side suspension over uneven road surfaces , I have replaced the anti roll bar drop link on that side but the noise is still evident.
I have used a pry bar and checked all the rubber bushes on that side and all seem ok.
Anybody else had this problem ?
Do the aluminium upper upper control arms suffer from bush failure?
The car is great apart from this irritating noise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi All
New member with a 2015 R Line 262 T4 75 k miles and only 3 weeks of ownership and with one minor niggle.
I have a clunk /popping sound from the rear near side suspension over uneven road surfaces , I have replaced the anti roll bar drop link on that side but the noise is still evident.
I have used a pry bar and checked all the rubber bushes on that side and all seem ok.
Anybody else had this problem ?
Do the aluminium upper upper control arms suffer from bush failure?
The car is great apart from this irritating noise.
Hi. I had a rattle when mine was delivered, turned out to be the brake shield... was deffo a rattle noise on mine, not a clunk, but might be worth checking. Might give you sommert to do until one of the oracles of wisdom can assit! There are some very well informed peeps on here!!

:)

·
Chairman
20,138 Posts
Broken spring?

·
Registered
2025 Touareg r line 262
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I will take the wheel off at the weekend and have a good look.
I may also disconnect the anti roll bar briefly and that would hopefully eliminate the roll bar bushes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts