Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try as I might- I could not put off for any longer changing my worn-out Pirellis for some new boots after only 9,600 miles.

I have the 19? rims- so choices seems a little limited, I was planning to try the TOYO Proxes STs but when talking to the man at Event Tyres (and subsequently checking out reviews on-line) I was persuaded to go for the cheaper General Grabber UHP (275/45/19 108V).
The UHP apparently stands for Ultra High Performance and is a more road-biased tyre than General Grabber AT (an All Terrain Tyre) which I know many people on here have fitted on 17 and 18 inch rims.

This is the second time I have used Event (the first was some 4 years ago on and A-Class) and the service was again excellent- the job was done this morning at my house and took about 45 minutes for 4 tyres. The technician took great car of the wheels to ensure there was no chance of any marks and the whole thing cost a very reasonable ?581.21

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

Re the tyres themselves- I have only had a short drive but they seem (or I am imagining..) that they are a little quieter and the ride seems a little better. They look the business and seem to have a wider shoulder so the edge of the wheel rim looks well protected. Lets hope they last longer the Pirellis- I will let you know!

Cas

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
I also fitted the General Grabber UHPs [255/60/17] and there is absolutely no doubt, they are very much quieter and the car rides better too.

I've just done a 200 mile round trip on the M4/M3 today and at a true 77 mph on cruise control, I couldn't help but notice, yet again, that the car ['53 3.2] is all but silent.

The UHPs have a tread that copes all right with mud, snow and wet grass too, not as well as an aggressive all-terrain tyre, but you won't be embarrassed in a car park in a wet field on the side of a hill at your local point-to-point like some X5 and Range Rover Sport drivers!

And I recommend http://www.event-tyres.co.uk as well!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not had any experience with Hankooks so cant say- but compared to my last 2 sets of Pirellis they seem far quieter, ride better and grip just as well.

Cas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts