Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had Bluetooth retro fitted to my new Treg (mine was a stock car without it so the dealer agreed to do it as part of the negotiations).

I assumed they would retro fit the VW ?Premium? Kit but it turns out did not fit the exact VW item but instead they (via a local In-Car Electronics form) have fitted a Fiscon kit by a German company called Kaufatec that from the user point of view seems to do everything the normal VW Bluetooth system does (it works via the touch screen and also the steering wheel buttons if fitted plus allows music to be played from the phone over Bluetooth (via A2DP what ever that is..).

This web-link shows the spec:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...oth-Handsfree----Basic-Plus----VW--Skoda.html

I believe the local firm charge about ?450 pound for this- fitted - but without the extra steering wheel buttons (my dealer picked up the bill and added the buttons as part of the deal).

Cas

·
54 Posts
That looks like a nice piece of kit and far better than the standard VW option !

·
135 Posts
Cas said:
I have just had Bluetooth retro fitted to my new Treg (mine was a stock car without it so the dealer agreed to do it as part of the negotiations).

I assumed they would retro fit the VW ?Premium? Kit but it turns out did not fit the exact VW item but instead they (via a local In-Car Electronics form) have fitted a Fiscon kit by a German company called Kaufatec that from the user point of view seems to do everything the normal VW Bluetooth system does (it works via the touch screen and also the steering wheel buttons if fitted plus allows music to be played from the phone over Bluetooth (via A2DP what ever that is..).

This web-link shows the spec:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...oth-Handsfree----Basic-Plus----VW--Skoda.html

I believe the local firm charge about ?450 pound for this- fitted - but without the extra steering wheel buttons (my dealer picked up the bill and added the buttons as part of the deal).

Cas
Cas, I just posted earlier in the week asking if anyone had views on that unit.....

http://www.mytreg.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7416

I have just bought a Parrot MKi9200 to fit in mine but may go for the Fiscon and sell the Parrot on. I don't have the telephone buttons either, but assume all the wiring is there to allow a retrofit.

Does it work well??

Andy

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have only used it a few yesterday to test it out?.. My wife said it sounded better than my old phone (a VW Treg Factory fit) then she said ?now stop bl**dy phoning me!?

It works well (very well) by just touching the Sat-Nav screen. If you want the buttons as well (which allows you to accept/end the call from the wheel and scroll through the phone book, texts etc) then the buttons are about ?150 (I believe the wiring is already there as my dealer just ordered the buttons)- but you will also need to access vag.com to change the settings to enable the buttons.
To be honest- I think I will end up using the touch-screen for most functions as you can save 6 favourite numbers to the first screen (with one-touch dial) and accessing the address book via the screen is far faster and easier than scrolling through A-to-Z on the wheel as you can search by letter etc.

It can be paired with 5 different phones and (I migh be wrong but..) it does not seem to be limited to only rSAP functioanlity as it loaded my phone-book from the phones memory rather than the entries on the SIM card so I might be able to bin my old Nokia now and get a smart-phone

Cas

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
please excuse my lack of knoweledge on these matters, but that looks just like the VW system fitted in my car!! i have got all the stuff on the main screen, can use the steering wheel buttons too to display on secondary screen and have voice activation too. i also have a genuine VW cradle and the nokia adaptor and phone for the centre arm rest which seems to be a glorified charger as it does nothing else!!

all the same very nice set up and glad your stealer arranged to do all the work for you..

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Cas,

Where was your phone mic fitted - any pics ?

Also a couple of questions on the Fiscon unit:

1. Does the phonebook load everytime you connect via bluetooth or does the unit store the phonebook data from first connection ?

2. In relation to the call data (made/received/missed calls), is this info logged each time the phone is connected/used or also stored in the unit ?

Cass

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont have any pics with me and am away from home... but the mic is one from the kit which they have fitted above the rear view mirror near where the factory one would be. It is quite small but according to the few people I have called sounds good. The kit instructions say not to use the VW mic (if fitted) as they say theirs is better.

Re the phone book and data- it seems to load up each time you connect- first there is message on the touch screen to say the phone has connected and then a few minutes later there is a message to say a new phone book is available.

Re the call data- I think this too loads up each time from the phone.

I hope this helps.

Cas

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Cas,

Many thanks

Cass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts