Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few photos of the treg and my t5 after a wash today nice to see them clean for one day tomorrow they will be coverd in crap due to a local farmer who is known localy as dirty parry
one drive past his place and they will look like we have done a week's off roading

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
So you live in the country and don't expect mud?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Looks like a labour of love

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Folk who live in the sticks can't really complain about farmers' leaving mud on the road: it goes with the territory . . .literally.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noobytoogy said:
So you live in the country and don't expect mud?
I expect mud but it would be nice to be able to go somwhere and get out of the car look back and see it as shinny as when I left home here is a little of what I have to drive through just to get to the main road

its not normaly this bad but it will give you an idea ,we went to a wedding recently my wife got out of the car and mud all over her dress not a happy bunny and the treg was coverd this guy uses the road like part of the farm even the other farmers are p***d off with him

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Looks like my drive and just the kind of stuff Tregs are made for so complain away!!

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
If he's made that mess and it's an adopted road I imagine he should be made to clean it up,a tractor with a scraper wouldn't take long to do it.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
noobytoogy said:
Looks like my drive and just the kind of stuff Tregs are made for so complain away!!
I see on one of your other post's that you change your tyres when there is less than 4 mm of tread left I wonder if your tyres with 4mm would pull up on that mud in an emegency and you stuffed your treg into another car lose your ncd and mayby cause injurys to yoursef (unlikly in a treg) or somone else remember this is a public highway not a private road or your drive ( cant inagine why any one would want there drive to look like that , and I would not brag about it either) I also have a z4 not made for mud !

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Farms generate mud in wet weather which is one reason for 4x4s to get about safely.

Its just something to live with so I keep my cars in good order and drive accordingly unlike a lot of the nimby arrivistes around here who rely too much on their ABS and complain about cocks crowing, sheep bleating and pig pooh pong - the daft beggars.

If farmers cleaned up every 5 minutes they'd never get anything done so, like everything else in life, they strike a balance and clean up as and when appropriate though I would say that leaving rucked up conveyor belting lying in the road [tracked vehicles at work?] is not such a good idea!

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
tdiphill - sent you a PM.

·
140 Posts
Depositing mud on the highway is an offence, simple as that.

Driver negotiates a bend, looses control on mud left by farmer, hits tree and dies. Ummm see what the coroner says about that?

Having saud that there is a big differance between a little mud in the countryside that makes my car dirty and enough mud to loose control on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts