Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

This is my new Treg I picked up this week, lovely condition and only 24,000. It will mainly be my wifes/familly car. View attachment 1 new car 1.jpg[/attachment:3vhxlv0e]New car 2.jpg[/attachment:3vhxlv0e]

·
3,680 Posts
Nice cars
our first V10 was the same colour as yours.
Not to many around in this shade. :wink:

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Same colour as mine. A bit old school now perhaps, but I like it and, obviously, so do you! Well done!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, we are very happy with it, paid a little more than I wanted to but I wanted this one for the colour and condition

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I really like the treg,lovely colour,couldn't find that when I was buying.
What's the boy racer car.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha yes its the one from silverlink, hope its not clocked though!

The "boy Racer" car is a kit car based on the RS200 rally car of the 80s, it has a Celica GT4 floorpan, engine and running gear, approx 240 BHP and fibreglass body = minimal weight and lots of fun.

Doesnt quite have the luxury feel inside that the VW has though,RS200 Cage.jpg[/attachment:2lmp6ytv]

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
The boy racer car looks great,I was expecting pink furry dice and lots of bling from halfords,but it looks a real driver's car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha not exactly bling in there!, the guy I bought it from built it as a rally car with coilover suspension, plumbed in fire ext, cage etc

Not exactly practical or comfortable on the road (alloy fuel tank only does 50 miles max!, perspex windows etc) but it is fun

I am in the process of stripping it down as I do not like the paint job,then making it a track day toy

Here is one of the engine bay and another from the previous owner track day in it View attachment 2 Engine Bay.jpg[/attachment:x968qcn3] View attachment 1 Track2.jpg[/attachment:x968qcn3]

And here is one as ford intended it back in the 80sRS200 9.jpg[/attachment:x968qcn3]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in Rothbury, about 7 miles up the road from there.

Just fitted a Kenwood sat nav/bluetooth/dvd/ipod head unit in the car over the weekend, I think I prefer the standard look to it but the car only had the factory cd player option. I have also fitted a kenwood reversing camera even though the car has parking sensors (my wife likes to reverse into things!). Just need to find a point to tap into the reverse light now to trigger it and I am done. From what I can tell I think the rear lights are controlled via CanBus which means removing the lamp unit I guess. I have tried this but its not budging easilly and I am worried I may crack it.

Next job is to fit some screens in the rear headrests for kids and after that out with the clay bar and speed glaze for a full on detailing session

I have also been looking at Bluefin mapping but am unsure at the moment. The car is plenty quick enough for my wife so am only really interested in getting better mpg

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
[QUOTE="newstuart]RS200 7.jpg[/attachment:2e252bb3][/QUOTE]

This looks about 3 seconds away from a big crash?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts