Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself, I have just bought a treg off a work mate and picked it up today. (i'll get pics up soon) its a 55reg dark grey 2.5TDI 20k miles on the clock with full independent service history

I know very little about these, and so did the guy i bought it from. He has too much money and wasnt very interested in the car i think.

The car has the following extras....

V10 exhaust
22" wheels
Window tints
Wind deflectors
TV/DVD screens in the headrests with wireless games controllers etc for built in games.

I have driven it home and i totally love it but after reading this forum I am getting a little paranoid about the reliability. I have always had jap cars and none have ever been a 4X4. So I think i may have to look into buying one of these warrentys If anyone has any info etc on these, please fire some help on here. Will I still get one with 22" wheels?? The V10 exhaust it VW part.

Also I'm thinking about building onto the standard sound system so does anyone know if the standard head unit has the outputs for an amplifier for sub woofers??

Will get loads of pics up ASAP

STOO

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Welcome!

A forum member, who shall remain nameless, will be along shortly to advise you to get a warranty ...

With regard to reliability or otherwise of the Treg, don't be fooled by the amount of "negative" posts on here - that's one of the key things of any forum: people with problems tend to gravitate here to ask. People with no problems at all wouldn't necessarily come here ...

But we're ever so glad you did.

Chris

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here is a quick iphone picture, I still need to detail the car though so i will get some good pictures after this is done.

I think i'll be fitting some subwoofers into it next once i find out if this can be done with the standard head unit.

STOO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts