Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having spent the last two weeks reading through this forum and generally getting excited about my new car coming home I can't contain myself any longer (big kid that I am). My first Treg is being collected on Monday morining and I hope I can be as enthusiastic about it as all you guys on here.

57 plate Touareg SE 3.0Tdi V6 in Diamond Black with Anthracite Cricket Leather and 19" Terra alloys. All the usual refinements including parking sensors and RNS510 MFD3 Sat Nav Unit. Only noticable missing 'nice to have' is electric seats.

Any tips on what I should do first when I get her home?

Excited or what!!

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
Yes.

Spend the next week reading the instruction manual!

I reckon no one else on here has which is why we have to keep asking each other silly questions!! :roll:

So, in 9 days time we will be testing you as our new resident expert!!!

·
430 Posts
andy5mart said:
Having spent the last two weeks reading through this forum and generally getting excited about my new car coming home I can't contain myself any longer (big kid that I am). My first Treg is being collected on Monday morining and I hope I can be as enthusiastic about it as all you guys on here.

57 plate Touareg SE 3.0Tdi V6 in Diamond Black with Anthracite Cricket Leather and 19" Terra alloys. All the usual refinements including parking sensors and RNS510 MFD3 Sat Nav Unit. Only noticable missing 'nice to have' is electric seats.

Any tips on what I should do first when I get her home?

Excited or what!!
Just get out there and drive especially if this weather holds, leave the manual until it's raining. What did you pay for her if its not to personal a question?

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Nooby I am a bit of a manual reader as I'd hate to think there was a gadget or trick that it had that went un-noticed for any length of time, so I will be reading the book from cover to cover, but only after I've had a wee play with her I think. I'm a very stereo-typical male who presses the button first and asks what it's for later!! Besides I work offshore so I have plenty of time when I'm away to be reading the manual.

Clarkyi, not too personal at all. I paid ?22,500 for her in total, but I had a one of a kind deal. My wife won (yes WON!!) a brand new Golf last year from a competition in the local paper. Problem was she had to keep it for a year under the rules of said comp. I owned a 54 plate A4 1.8T S-line which I loved but we don't need two cars and with two young kids neither was big enough for the family holidays so we dealt them both in. Went looking at Freelander and Mitsubishi Outlander and was heading to VW to eye up the Tiguan, however the Treg caught my eye as we drove in and the rest as they say is history. Had to throw a tiny bit of cash at him too just to clinch it, but I think I came out of it nae too bad. Anyway too late now.

Can't wait

·
430 Posts
andy5mart said:
Well Nooby I am a bit of a manual reader as I'd hate to think there was a gadget or trick that it had that went un-noticed for any length of time, so I will be reading the book from cover to cover, but only after I've had a wee play with her I think. I'm a very stereo-typical male who presses the button first and asks what it's for later!! Besides I work offshore so I have plenty of time when I'm away to be reading the manual.

Clarkyi, not too personal at all. I paid ?22,500 for her in total, but I had a one of a kind deal. My wife won (yes WON!!) a brand new Golf last year from a competition in the local paper. Problem was she had to keep it for a year under the rules of said comp. I owned a 54 plate A4 1.8T S-line which I loved but we don't need two cars and with two young kids neither was big enough for the family holidays so we dealt them both in. Went looking at Freelander and Mitsubishi Outlander and was heading to VW to eye up the Tiguan, however the Treg caught my eye as we drove in and the rest as they say is history. Had to throw a tiny bit of cash at him too just to clinch it, but I think I came out of it nae too bad. Anyway too late now.

Can't wait
Nice tale, you have made the right call IMHO much better than the misbushiti and at a great price post some pics when you get a chance...... of the Treg I mean not the manual.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new wheels, I'd get home, have a fiddle with the main functions, ie, Satnav, find out how to fix/change a wheel, look at where the vitals such as oil water etc, then go for a long driiiiiiiveeeee!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts