Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm well aware at this point that my car history is as random as rolling a dice, in the last couple of years I've had a couple of Imprezas, Mini Cooper S's & JCWs, Focus ST and Megane RS250, but maybe weirdly the most I've enjoyed as a daily was a 2005 A8 3.0 diesel which decided to eat its engine from the inside out. So what's bigger that an a8? A Touareg of course!

I'd searched for a while for one of the facelifts, had a few saved on ebay/autotrader but none that were quite convincing enough to get me booking the flight & boat. I'd actually started looking at a6 avants/535ds and a few other estates etc, nearly had an e350 in England bought but it got sold just before I'd got the deposit sorted after planning the trip when this popped up locally on facebook.

Specced quite nicely, thankfully the black heated leather is sublime and so toasty. It is not without its faults however. The pictured radio/sat nav unit started to fail almost instantly, the screen would work on startup but would fade out to white within a minute or two but radio would continue working. Lurking behind the radio were 3 different adapters so along with the Parrot they were ripped out and a factory looking Android unit in its place. The sound definitely isn't quite as good with it but at least it actually works.

Next up: the high/low knob is flashing and warning on the dash. The common fix for this is the stepper motor on the transfer box, and judging by the condition of the one on it I went with that. No, no change. Then I checked the fuses on the offchance it was still something simple. Fuse 23 on the passenger side, fuse is there and fine BUT there is only a wire going to one side of the fuse. I checked behind, no loose wires, none hanging out of place, nothing. Crap. Not sure where to go from there tbh but so long as it stays in high gears I can live with it for abit

Attachments

·
Chairman
20,203 Posts
The hilo knob flashing is usually a clear indication that your battery isn't fully charged and might be on it's last legs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did suspect that too but battery is only a few months old, been doing this every time I've started it with no other issues, alternator charging etc, been 4 weeks so far
Thanks though, still could be I guess if the battery isn't right for the car, it just seems too odd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts