Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I swear I am not going mad but I seem to have lost an option from my settings menu that I am almost positive was there when I first got the car plus there is one that the manual says should be there but isn't. Hopefully someone might point me in the right direction so I can check my own sanity. I understand some menu functions are related to options I don't have in the car (like front/side scan) so I don't expect to see them

In the convenience menu I thought I used to have "Mirror Adjustment", but now can't find it, so I'm stuck with mirrors adjusting together, which is frustrating.

I don't have the manual listed menu option called "Speed Unit" to change the digital speed in the MFD from kmh (which is no good to me) to mph. This I never remember seeing in the first place but as I say, the manual lists it and I can't see why it should be a special thing to have the option to change it?!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
re the kmh to mph. Yes it's in the manual but my main dealer says it can't be changed on UK models. This is because the speedo dial is in mph only and euorpean law says there must be mph and kmh readouts.

Seems stupid to me, I have been trying to change mine see my post re mph.

G

·
Mikeyb, I think you'll find the mirror settings are done with the mirror control and not the convenience menu. When you have mirror control set to R, you have mirror synchronisation (ie both move together). If you move control to L, you can move the left one independently - as I recall. It's all in the handbook.

Cheers, Andy

·
10 Posts
Hi , if the convenience menu is missing from the dash there is an convenience ecu software update. Has the vehicle had the 90D7 recall carried out by VW. This recall will cover this problem . If not sure phone a VW dealer and ask, the recall is free of charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies - I see what you mean about putting it on the left mirror and being able to adjust that one first, therefore negating the need for the convenience menu option. Still odd that it's not there though

I don't know if it's had its 90D7 recall carried out. It's a 2008 car, so not sure if it's too new. I took it in for a little problem this week and they said there is a recall to be done which they've booked me in for, so I'll find out if that's the 90D7 when it goes in.

I actually asked them about the convenience settings whilst there and they thought it weird that the mirror adjustment one wasn't present and they plugged it in to see if they could see it and they couldn't either.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Might be a daft answer, but I didnt realise that some settings and options disappear as the car starts moving? I thought I was going mad for a while? I would sit in traffic and start playing with the menu, then the missing options would return when the car is stationary... is this what's happening to yours?

·
60 Posts
Was there any solution to this? Mine is a July 08 car, and the menu item is also missing.

Thanks

Rob

·
60 Posts
I am stationary!!!

·
318 Posts
Robster,

They should be under CONVENIENCE >> MIRROR ADJUST >> SYNCHRONISED or INDIVIDUAL

Mine's set to SYNCH and I've never tried the alternative to see what difference it makes.

No idea why yours will have dropped off the menu though.

·
319 Posts
Mikeyb,

If it's any consolation, I seem to have lost the same settings for mirror adjustment that I could swear I had when I got the thing.

It's in on thursday (bl00dy air con not working!) I might add it to the list (at the risk of having to spend 10 mins explaining the fault to the service desk)

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
"(at the risk of having to spend 10 mins explaining the fault to the service desk)"

Don't you just long for the days when you told the mechanic himself what was wrong?

These days it's like that old WW1 adage "Send reinforcements, we are going to advance" becoming "Send three and fourpence [17p in new money for you youngsters!], we are going to a dance".

It's no wonder cars keep having to go back to get faults fixed.

·
319 Posts
socks said:
Mikeyb,

If it's any consolation, I seem to have lost the same settings for mirror adjustment that I could swear I had when I got the thing.

It's in on thursday (bl00dy air con not working!) I might add it to the list (at the risk of having to spend 10 mins explaining the fault to the service desk)
Well, the air con is fixed, and they flashed a software update and mysteriously, the mirror options are back in the convenience settings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts