Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
318 Posts
Wish you'd all stop putting pics of your V10's up - You're making me wish I'd stuck with mine

Lovely motor Ross

·
656 Posts
Sweet Motor!

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Loving the colour and the wheels, Ross. Her indoors is always on about greys and silvers ... I'd better not let her see this photo or my Arctic Bluey will be the spawn of satan at our house for evermore.

Chris

P.S. Why do cats always do that walk-right-on-the-edge-of-the-path thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments! I fell in love with the colour and the wheels when I saw her at the dealers (how simple am I!). :wink:
Always liked the Tregs especially the V10 but never thought I'd manage to get hold of one, was completely spur of the moment and chopped my Golf PD150 in for her there and then! Had her remapped at Chipped UK about 3 months ago and am very satisified so far! 17K miles since last June with a few electrical faults and a new valve chest (covered under warranty - thankfully :shock: )

Ross.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
bootiful.just bootiful.

Oh and scotty- if you had to change from the 6 would you look at the 10 again???

·
318 Posts
buzzard said:
bootiful.just bootiful.

Oh and scotty- if you had to change from the 6 would you look at the 10 again???
I'm the first to admit that my reasons for changing to the V6 were purely financial and yes, if money was no object I would definitely go back to a new V10.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Scotty said:
buzzard said:
bootiful.just bootiful.

I'm the first to admit that my reasons for changing to the V6 were purely financial and yes, if money was no object I would definitely go back to a new V10.
Thanks for the honest answer.
On my travels I spot plenty of TDI and V6 TDI badged touaregs but not many 8's or 10's.

I guess its all in the eye of the beholder and what your needs are.
My first choice would be the 8 or 10 but I keep thinking that the V6 TDI is the choice of the realist.
Balance between power and economy and with the altitude coming with enough toys to open an F.A.O. Swartz --it all just seems well adequate.

·
318 Posts
Talking of honest answers, my licence will probably last longer with the V6 - Although powerful and smooth enough for my needs, the power of the 10 was awesome.

I will never forget getting cut up by a lady in a Alfa T-spark, who was in the wrong lane on a major roundabout on the A66 over the M6, approaching a red traffic signal. She dived into my lane at the last minute causing me to swerve into the outside lane, which would have been bad enough normally, but on this occasion I had the caravan on the back and family on board.
As the lights went to green, I just couldn't resist it, and as she was suitably blown away, my missus said the look on this lady's face was worth getting cut up for....and the van is close to 1800kg loaded !!

Why did you get me thinking about about V10s again, if I get another one I'll have to skip getting a new bike - Bad, bad people

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
sorry scotty.
I guess you really DID love that 10!!!

You have wet my appetite for a trial in one now.

Excuse the ignorance but what is an R50???(I am still a newbie) :oops:

·
318 Posts
Kaine,

I've never had the chance to try one but I've got a mate that works at Benfield VW in Newcastle who is going to give me the heads up when they next get one in (For a drive only, I hasten to add)
They got one through their hands last year and it was snapped up before I got a chance to try it.

Buzzard,

If you like speed and power, start doing a few searches on the Treg R50
before you even think about a standard V10...... and don't come back on here complaining if you find that you need one so much that it costs you your relationship (Which is where I would be if I got one).

On second thoughts, where's my cheque book

1 - 16 of 16 Posts