Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We had a fantastic day at York with the TU team on their very last day and after the event they were heading for a meeting to begin the wind down.

Our thanks to our instructor Kim and the rest of the team for making this such a memorable day and we wish them all the very best of luck with their new futures.

It was amazing to see how well the car performed on the track, throwing it through the slalom course like a saloon car and getting 'wrong' off the safety car for tyre noise.
It is only when you push the handling of the Treg to it's limits, you realise just how much the stability of 4x4's has evolved from the rollover days of yesteryear. Being a responsible type and keen to preserve the rubber, this is something I would never have experienced in my own car on public roads.

Even the emergency braking exercises, straight line with hands off the wheel and last minute swerving (with hands back on the wheel) were excellent examples of how the car behaves at it's limits.

Equally impressive was the offroad section later in the day, set in beautiful Yorkshire countryside and again, the car was suberb.
I was fortunate to have been invited on to a Landrover Experience day last year and can say that the Treg was as capable as any of the LR vehicles that we used.
Again, this is something that I would never have the experience of in my own vehicle, especially with the 20" alloys and Altitude body kit reducing off road capability, but what a confidence inspiring experience it was to see what the Treg could cope with.

10/10 for the team and I really do hope that VW see the advantages of such days and reinstate the team when the economy picks back up.

·
886 Posts
Nice parking Mrs Scotty

That wasn't just outside maghull was it??

Didn't she see the " Soft verge " sign

Only joking ..glad you enjoyed the last ever Treg unlimited day.

Cheers

Tom

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only agreed to me posting a pic because she thought I'd said it was going to Readers Wives, not Readers Drives

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Scotty said:
Only agreed to me posting a pic because she thought I'd said it was going to Readers Wives, not Readers Drives
Your wife doesn't get confused, like mine, when you tell her to 'flash' other Touraeg drivers too does she?

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can but wish :shock:

·
Registered
437 Posts
...and there was me thinking that Sainsbury's car parks were tarmac lol... just kidding!

Nice to see some off road action!

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As much as I hate to admit it, Mrs. S. (on paper only mind) is a better qualified driver than I am. :oops:

Just don't tell her I said it !!

As well as being a Police advanced driving instructor (ex Traffic), her work put her through her PCV licence last year, as well as sending her on a 4x4 instructors course in Scotland and she's hoping to get her LGV soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts