Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a 2004 Treg and when the sat nav disc is in how the he'll do I use the CD player or is this only selectable if you have the multi change one in the boot?

·
749 Posts
Yep !

The sat nav will only work with with the nav cd, if you want to play a music cd whilst using the sat nav you need an autochanger. Are you sure there isnt one in the boot, its would be located behind one of the side panels.

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Yep, you can only play CD's in this configuration if you remove the Nav Disc first - thereby making the nav system redundant unless you have the newer RNS 510 units with a 30gb hard drive to store both the nav maps and your music.

Or fit a CD multichanger or iPod connection !

Cass

·
749 Posts
I thought the autochanger was a standard fit with the rns2 Satnav unit, it doesn't make sense to sell a car without any ICE , the fact the rns2 will play audio discs is a by product from the functions the unit was designed to do.
Cass mentioned iPod , some iPod kits plug in to the autochanger connection I wounder if the autochanger has been removed at some point in favour of an iPod kit ?

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
They mustn't have been standard in earlier models - either that or a previous owner had it away !!!

Cass

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to post on an old topic but thought it was suitable and saves a new topic.

Quick question on the RNS2, as I understand it comes in either a CD or DVD version. From the earlier posts here a music CD can be played but obviously Nav can't be used.

Is this the case with the DVD version too or only CD version? Asking as I'm looking to upgrade my standard unit in our 04 R5 and wasn't sure if I need a CD version as I want to be able to play music.

No point buying a DVD version if it doesn't read CDs and I need to get a changer too.

Any info appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I thought the manual said you can plan the route, then remove the CD and play a music CD and it will still navigate. It will require the nav cd again though if it needs to re-route.
I'll have to have a dig through the manual again later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts