Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, well the Treg was in Lookers yesterday for its second service.

i dropped it off first thing and arranged to collect it at the end of the day.

i had the service done, all the filters done, the rear pads were changed at my request also.

i also asked them to look at the wheel caps as they were starting to lift and the condensation in my rear off side light... no questions asked they were both changed as a warranty job.

they also put a litre of oil in a nice zip up pouch in the boot for me and cleaned the car inside and out.

very good service and very helpful service department. all done for sensible money as well thanks to a bit of price matching..

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
good to hear some praise for the dealers stu , makes a change , i,m booked at Lookers burnley for oil service & mot on saturday morning , feeling a bit twitchy RE mot , last main dealer (benz) did,nt seem happy unless they found something
not due service really but 2yrs/18,000 mls doesnt feel right

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i hope your experience is as good as mine was!!

before i left they said see you later in the year for the MOT, due late october when Treg is 3 yrs old.

i was honest and said sorry but i won't be paying main dealer prices currently ?53 for an MOT, they said give us a call and if there are no offers on we will arrange something for you.

they seem to make an effort.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
did,nt ring round for comparison they just offered the service at ?172 & MOT at ?45 , was better than i,d expected so they get their 1st chance ,
no doubt there,l be something to report by sat lunch

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Sounds a very good price, but which service?

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
34,000 ,last service at 26,000 , this is just oil&filter change , had the brake fluid done last year

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
And it keeps a VW stamp in the book too.

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
lookers burnley update / not good , made the appointment over 3weeks ago for tomorrow morn(sat) ,rang me at 5-55pm today , sorry , no MOT inspector working tomorrow she said , would you like us to come & collect the car from your wifes workplace & return it after we,ve completed the work she went on
are you serious? i can barely tolerate my wife driving it let alone some total stranger
am i being unreasonable ?

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Well the pimply mechanic might give the car a right good ragging after he's serviced it so what's the difference with their old boy collecting and returning it when in reality, the car will be driven perfectly sensibly at all times because most mechanics know there's always a risk of someone seeing them thrashing a customer's car?

No, I'd let a mechanic or delivery driver collect and return my car.

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
noobytoogy said:
No, I'd let a mechanic or delivery driver collect and return my car.
Me too - I just wish they'd put the ruddy seat back in the right position and switch the radio back from Chav FM

And before you all say I'm being picky, it is an issue because the parking spaces at my local dealership were big enough to get 3/4 of a Polo in, and being 6ft tall and 6ft wide at my fattest point, there have been a couple of occassions when I've had to sheepishly ask the receptionist if she can squeeze into the car and move the seat back or drive the car out of the space so I can get into it

And no giggling at the back from you fattists!

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Quite agree.

Way back when, Porker technicians had to reload all the customer's radio stations if they ever had to disconnect the battery for any reason so the poor sap didn't drive off up the road trying to find Radio 4 or whatever.

It's such a simple courtesy really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts