Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5.0 v10 2004 treg keeps going into limp mode when pulling away uphill vw says no fault codes comming up getting frustrated any answers please.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
I agree. And if the other dealer finds the solution kick up a stink with VW UK.

Far too many people just don't try any more. Many of them don't even use their brain to think things through.

What other electronic gizmos kick in on a hill start? Could one of these be causing the problem because the car doesn't think it has switched on or switched off or done it in the correct sequence.

Just saying "Sorry, guv, there's nothing on the computer" is a useless response. Make a stink!!

·
749 Posts
Might be a silly question, but have you got any kind of chip device installed, a friend of mine experianced similar problems on his sorrento and it turned out to be a faulty chip he had installed in line with the coil for some extra umph

·
318 Posts
I would have thought it would produce a fault code if it goes into limp home mode. Does it remain in limp home mode or doe it clear when things level off? If it is not an intermittent fault, find a hill close to the dealer. Make sure it does it before on the day, then drag a technician out from the dealer and let them see it first hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts