Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
ive got another problem, car seems to have gone into limp mode.revs wont go above 2000rpm,any ideas before i take it to the stealers , had new engine /turbo so cant believe something else has gone wrong.losing faith fast.
cheers daz

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Daz,

It can't be a coincidence, surely. It has to be something to do with said new engine /gearbox, doesn't it? What happened before limp mode? What sort of journey were you on, short or long? Was the engine hot or cold?

Chris

·
135 Posts
Daz,

I have read examples of cars going into 'Limp Mode' purely on the basis of low fuel level, preserving the small amount you have left and acting as a final reminder rather than putting the dregs through your engine. I suppose you can rule that out straight away by checking your gauge.

Other than that there are a number of things that can set it to 'Limp Mode' including low oil / water pressure / level or something like brake system faults. I assume you would get some other indication on the dash.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Andy

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi all
phoned warranty direct about fault they told me to take car to dealer to confurm fault.guess what its not covered,(what a suprise)good job it only cost me?98.the problem was just a split in a hose, spooky really was on about that on another thread the other day.cheers lads who replied

daz

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
I assume that WD only told you it wasn't covered once you'd identified it was a split hose, right? They wouldn't cover wear and tear items like hoses, I'm thinking.

Asside:
Suppose, however, that the hose fault had caused a more serious problem* ... how would the Warranty work in that case? What do those of you with Warranties think should happen in that case?

Chris

(*PS: I s'pose that this is precisely why the Treg goes into limp mode - to avoid a more serious problem, I guess)

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Personally I get the problem identified first and when I know the cost I check against the policy for the excess and the cover and then decide whether to claim or not so in this case I'd have just paid without involving Warranty Direct in the first place.

There are wear and tear items such as hoses that are not covered just as they wouldn't be under a manufacturer's warranty but that doesn't mean that anyone has wriggled out of paying or that the policy is not worth having.

If a non-insured part such as a water hose fails which causes damage to, say, the engine which is covered, then the policy pays out.

·
749 Posts
I think the term is "consequential damage", i had a brief read of WD info as i will need to take a policey out at the end othe year, they will cover consequential damage it the journey getting to that decision the might be interesting, it is something i have advised to look at carefully before commiting to a policey

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
furion said:
I think the term is "consequential damage", i had a brief read of WD info as i will need to take a policey out at the end othe year, they will cover consequential damage it the journey getting to that decision the might be interesting, it is something i have advised to look at carefully before commiting to a policey
I've never had a problem with WD on consequential damage.

·
749 Posts
noobytoogy][quote name= said:
I think the term is "consequential damage"' date=' i had a brief read of WD info as i will need to take a policey out at the end othe year, they will cover consequential damage it the journey getting to that decision the might be interesting, it is something i have advised to look at carefully before commiting to a policey[/quote']

I've never had a problem with WD on consequential damage.
WD does seem to be the better policey and i think i will prob go with them at the end of the year, .... but we digress

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Yes, I started the digression. :oops:

Sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts