Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story and i need to do some reading. Contemplating an 06 V6 with 93k miles.

Decent order and decent but confusing (to me) spec. Electric memory seats, auto dip mirrors, sunroof, a DVD HU, Xenons but manual AC and smaller binnacle MFD than my 2005 R5.

I'll do some reading but owners views, past or present always worth having.

This would be to replace my UK X6 which Is wasted half the year sometimes more. I've had a very tidy offer on that, this T1 would be its lo-key replacement.

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so the HU must be an RNS510 retrofit, I think.

V5 simply states its a V6 Sport, whereas my R5 stated SE Sport 馃

Lifelong Motorhead

V5's are notorious for omissions and diffferences in model/trim details - decoding of the VIN is the only reliable way but most online decoders are vague on non-USA models.

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it's all a bit vague, the dealer obviously is just a re--seller and wouldn't know build spec's or mods,

Amongst the paperwork is a recent bill for rear suspension parts, 2 x 拢600 + labour 馃槺

Chairman
16-18 mpg, tiiming chain can stretch

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mpg of that nature I'm quite familiar with, i had a V8 X5 for 10 or so years, fuel was cheaper then though. Deisels are demonised now, so for under 拢5k the car is worthy of a look-see. As a UK runabout it might just tick the box(es)

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, flappy paddles too I just noticed. Wonder why its manual AC after ticking so many other boxes?

Chairman
What's in the Waitrose bag?

Chairman
Tell 'em the deal will fall through if there are no mince pies!

Mechanical Guru

The SE sport was so much better. Sport being quite a basic model.. no navigation at all just a radio/cd hence the smaller mfd, No cd changer, no dual zone climate standard ac only, IIRC it only had cloth seats. Don't think it had any telephone functionality and possibly no PDC.

The timing chain arrangement and tensioners on this engine was prone to problems as stated. A costly engine out job if it gets noisy.

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'll never know. My initial 'excitement' evaporated when the words "sagging headliner" caught my attention..Dismissed as unimportant on a 2006 car with which I disagree based on my 2005 car not having this issue.

It seems to be sunroof models that have this issue 馃

Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The SE sport was so much better. Sport being quite a basic model.. no navigation at all just a radio/cd hence the smaller mfd, No cd changer, no dual zone climate standard ac only, IIRC it only had cloth seats. Don't think it had any telephone functionality and possibly no PDC.

The timing chain arrangement and tensioners on this engine was prone to problems as stated. A costly engine out job if it gets noisy.
Thanks for that 馃憤

This car is confusing. Paddle shifters, leather electric memory seats, auto dim mirrors RNS510 possible retrofit? It was an odd build imo, but is irrelevant now.

Super Moderator
For future reading - old Touareg brochures are available here - handy for checking the basic specifications and available options of the time:

Note that many of the early cars delivered to UK dealers came with a basic or enhanced specification and (as far as I can recall) not many seemed to be customer factory orders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts