Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with the leaving home lights on function tell me if it should be controlled by a light sensor. I've noticed that on my R5 with the light switch in Auto mode, the leaving home lights come on during full daylight, even if the Auto lights don't subsequently come on.

I would have thought that the light sensor that controls whether the Auto lights come on should also control whether the leaving home lights come on.....

·
48 Posts
Hi.
There is a light level sensor, it is located in the widscreen above the rear view mirror. However I have noticed it is a little "insensitive" to ambient light levels. My R5 also exhibits this tendency to light up during daylight, in "leaving home" mode, only to turn off after the preset time. I have cleaned the screen around the sensor, however I am now off the opinion that a small portion of condensation is forming inside the windscreen, just above the sensor. This in turn lowers the light levels sufficiently to tun on the "leaving home" lights.
:
dave.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for this info. I'm going to see if VW will replace the sensor before my warranty runs out!!

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
geraout said:
Thanks very much for this info. I'm going to see if VW will replace the sensor before my warranty runs out!!
Should do, mine was replaced, and didn't even know there was a problem with it...

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now sorted. Light/Rain sensor replaced under warranty and now leaving home lights only come on in the dark.

Dealer also replaced drivers door mirror glass which wasn't darkening when it should. (Parts price for the glass alone ?250 + VAT !!!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts