Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/pr ... DNX7240BT/

I have come to loath the RNS2 in my Treg, more than likely the new replacement will have an RNS2.

So i have decided it will have to go and have been looking at a Kenwood DNX7240BT (?950ish) and DNX5240BT (?750ish),

The 7240 has an input for a rear camera which is handy, plus all the usual blutooth, ipod, yada yada yada..

Any opinions or other recomendations ? I have checked compatability and there is an install kit for the Touareg.

The RN510 i think can be aquired for about ?1200 i think, would it better to go for that instead of the Kenwood and stay with an OEM system.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Personally I love the RNS510. The other units can do the job but I like the factory look and coming from several VW/Audi's I prefer the understated OEM fit to an aftermarket unit. I'm going to add a Kufatec Pro Bluetooth kit soon and I'd like the reversing camera but I'll stick with the parking semsors and careful driving for the moment

I'm sure you could pick up an RNS510 for a more reasonable price as well.

Cass

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts

·
886 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, i think i am on the right track for a non oem with the Kenwood, however for about the same price i could also get an RN510 fitted. No doubt i could fleabay the outgoing unit, not that i would get much for it.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hipflyguy said:
If you do want to sell the treg Nav unit, could you drop me a line...?

Thanks.
Will do, waiting for VW dealer to replace the car yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts