Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my M.O.T done at JCT on Monday on their ?29 MOT special

They failed it!

Said one of the rear brake discs was badly scored and wanted ?450 to replace the rear discs and pads!!!!! - all well and good if I hadn't checked the discs for scoring beforehand (also - pads were replaced in June and they were fine then as well!!!)

So I went to a couple of other garages to get a second opinion and they both said JCT were speaking balls - the pads were slightly scored but nothing to cause an MOT failure

Everyones conclusion - a bit of shameless upselling on their ?29 deal......

I have bought 2 Beetles, a Touran and a Touareg off JCT 600, and was looking at a new Treg in 2011 if the rumours about it being a seven seater were true. Not any more. I've had it with these conning Bas*ards

The matter is now with VW UK, local Trading Standards and the Department of Transport

And the car was passed through its MOT this morning at another garage :roll:

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Had similar concerns with Audi's free MOT's - but has been in twice now and flown thru.

but in these hard times I can imagine dealers being crafty....

if they're failing on scoring.. (is this a fail?) Then how did my old astra pass when it was down to metal on the pads, MOT tester said it passed as braking was sufficient, nothing to do with quality or condition... (but this was many, many moons ago)

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chap who passed the MOT said braking performance was not impaired, so no problems - Also showed me the guidance from the Department of Transport and described the examples he'd seen on the refresher course he'd been to a month ago

Got to say I am VERY disappointed at being treated like this after all the business I've put their way over the years

Grabbing bas*ards

Never again

Hope you are reading this Wayne :x

G

·
You only get what you pay for, if the full MOT price of ?53 is being discounted, then you have to ask where are they going to make up this lost revenue??. The most common one they use is 'headlight aim' is low and needs adjusting and charge you about ?10 - ?15 to do what takes literally minutes, to bring back up the test fee to the ?50 + pounds.

I'm an Authorised Examiner and have 2 Nominated Tester working for me, we have seen some terrible abuses of what is a generally good test, its just some testers opinions are far off the mark.

Remember if you are not happy with a test, on the back of the VT30 ( red failure sheet ) VOSA's helpline number is on there dont be frightened to use it.

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bnl said:
Remember if you are not happy with a test, on the back of the VT30 ( red failure sheet ) VOSA's helpline number is on there dont be frightened to use it.
Cheers bnl

Already done - the missus phoned 'em as soon as I got back from the pass test

They basically said there is no redress - ie. they couldn't be ar$ed

So my wife vented off at VW UK instead - feels a whole lot better

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Very poor show by the garage. I had a 1/2 price MOT by Stoke VW last year. The car passed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts