Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Mine is a 2006 2.5 tdi SE Sport on long-life

We are away on holiday and stupidly I forgot to check the oil level before we came away - I now have the oil warning light on and need to top up.

I cannot find for the life of me any resolution on which I can use - but I have bought a 1L bottle of Mobil ESP Formula 5W-30 (which states on the label "also recommended for applications requiring .... 506.01" but then goes on to say "with the exception of Unit-injector/Pumpe-Duse TDI without long-life service and without DPF between 1999-2003 and R5/V10 TDI before model year 2006)... before I tip it into the engine, am I about to do something stupid?

I'd really appreciate your advice

Thanks

Boris

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm ashamed to say I don't know..

I have the Vehicle Data info with me from the user manual - could there be a clue in there?

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
If you look inside the service booklet you'll see a load of codes on a sticky near the front.
If you can see the letters DPF amongst the maze of codes you have a diesel particulate filter.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I've got all the letters but DPF..

Engine Type/Power/Gearbox type - no
Engine code/gearbox code/paint number, interior equipment - no
Optional extras, PR numbers - no

No, no DPF there at all...

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's great, thanks for your help on this..

based on the label, My link the Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 I have should do the trick..

many, many thanks

Boris

·
31 Posts
that's great, thanks for your help on this..

based on the label, My link the Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 I have should do the trick..

many, many thanks

Boris
Guys, I'm confused. I had discounted this oil as when you read the technical spec it says:

"All VW engines with the exception of Unit-Injector / Pump-Duse TDI without Longlife Service and without DPF between 1999-2003 and R5/V10-TDi before model year 2006"

I have an '03 V10 on long life service without a DPF and in the handbook it says requires spec 506.01.

So would you say this is ok for me or not?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Guys, I'm confused. I had discounted this oil as when you read the technical spec it says:

"All VW engines with the exception of Unit-Injector / Pump-Duse TDI without Longlife Service and without DPF between 1999-2003 and R5/V10-TDi before model year 2006"

I have an '03 V10 on long life service without a DPF and in the handbook it says requires spec 506.01.

So would you say this is ok for me or not?
Hi Jason,

No, I would not use this oil in your 2003 V10.

I would use: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/product-finder/car/all/volkswagen/2003/touareg/DIESEL/touareg/38695/product-finder-2.aspx

Cheers,

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts