Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still finding my way round my new Touareg (57 3.0 altitude), and i found it's got a cd changer in the boot, but that seems disconnected (cant eject cartidge for instance)

The previous owner had an ipod lead fitted, which connects to the Aux setting on the MFD2 (i guess instead of the cd changer) - but when i select it, a VW logo appears on the ipod screen, and i lose all control of the ipod from the ipod controls - instead i can select unnamed tracks using the wheel mounted controls, but the tracks are not named, just seem to be about 60 randon songs...

i really want to be able to just select what i want to hear on the ipod and leave it at that

any tips?

ps good news is the ipod appears to charge from this arrangement

·
1,307 Posts
the ipod should be controlable from the steering wheel and the cd buttons on the head unit.

or to keep it all simple just plug it into the jack socket in the centre arm rest. this will only be controlable from ipod apart from the volume and will not charge battery either.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
If it's the VW iPod adapter it takes the place of the CD changer. ie it plugs into the socket on the back of the unit which the CD changer would normally use. The only control you have is as you have found which is the same as selecting tracks from a CD. You use the CD selection buttons to select the first 5 playlists on the iPod and select them as you would CDs in the CD changer. Button 6 plays all tracks on the iPod.

Here is a link to the manual http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerofile/3962/Original_VW_Accessory_iPod_adapter_Operating_Instructions.

Other iPod adapters like the one from Xcarlink allow you to keep the CD changer working and also allow you to control the iPod normally with the screen and buttons fully operating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts