Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a VW IPod lead fitted to my 3.0V6 Altitiude, over a long weekend the battery would completely drain. After several visits to dealer, and eventually purchasing a new battery (on the eve of a european touring holiday), VW updated the vehicle software and the problem was rectified.
The system did not completely shut down the vehicle electrics and the screen of the IPod was allways on (with the old software).
Good news to the end of the story, VW paid for the new battery under warranty.

·
75 Posts
how does the ipod kit work? does it integrate with the existing cd/audio system and selected by "aux" or something and can you control the ipod via this kit?

i have a 54 touareg v8 sport and have been getting by with one of those radio based doodads but i seem to drive across too many radio stations and constantly have to retune it.

i am starting to rely on the ipod more now as the cd multi changer in the boot has stopped recognised home-made cds it would be good to hear feedback on this kit before i splash out.

on a similar note i have the cark91 nokia phone kit, does anyone know if the cabling can be used on newer kits or does it still require a full rewire?

thanks in advance for your sage advice :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts