Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've tried to find a definative answer, but can't... just maybe, sometimes or don't knows....

I'm on the verge of buying a VW Touareg V10 Altitude. It comes with the factory phone prep (bluetooth) which integrates nicely with the Touchscreen NAV in the dash.

Anyone know if an iPhone will work, just purely for receiving/making calls, not bothered about phonebook transfer etc...

Hoping to do the deal today/tomorrow... so if anyone knows could they let me know asap.

Many thnaks

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Definitive answer-don't know.
What I do know is that iPhone Bluetooth is not very good on early models but the suposed new one will be greatly improved.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've always understood no, so I didnt spec it on my Treg. Apparantly story is that iPhone is not compatible with an rSap profile, which VW factory fit bluetooth needs. Having said that I did read a post on here that says someone got it to connect. I had a parrot post install, and have no issues with it at all...excellent, and can also voice dial with it just with the push of one button, so thats your back up option!

Good luck, sounds a nice set of wheels

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Well, after a day of haggling I've done the deal.

April 08 Diamond Black with Beige Nappa Leather V10 Altitude.

Turns out there is an approved vw Bluetooth upgrade, ?400 !!! Getting this installed along with dual electrics tow bar.

Can't wait!

Cheers

Paul.

·
83 Posts
My Iphone works no problem for receiving and making calls, it will not display texts or the phone book, hoping the new model iphone does.
:

biscuits said:
Hi,

I've tried to find a definative answer, but can't... just maybe, sometimes or don't knows....

I'm on the verge of buying a VW Touareg V10 Altitude. It comes with the factory phone prep (bluetooth) which integrates nicely with the Touchscreen NAV in the dash.

Anyone know if an iPhone will work, just purely for receiving/making calls, not bothered about phonebook transfer etc...

Hoping to do the deal today/tomorrow... so if anyone knows could they let me know asap.

Many thnaks

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts