Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
Not sure if this as been discussed b4 but how the hell do you get a Iphone 3g to connect and work on a 2008 Altitude or will it not work. IE make calls and view your address book and messages on the screen. I had/have a Nokia phone (6500slide) and it works great but cannot get the iphone to work with the factory fit phone prep kit. Please help. Cheers.

·
1,307 Posts
hi, yes my wife has a 6500 slide and it works a treat!! not sure that the iphone works!!

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do, silly idea buying a iphone it looks like. shame as the phone is fantastic. Not sure how i am going to get round the years subscription of the internet I took out at 4.00pm, maybe should have tried the phone in the car first.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD LET ALL KNOW. IPHONES DO NOT WORK IN TOUAREG'S WITH FACTORY FITTED PHONE PREP KIT.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Joereg said:
Yes they do, silly idea buying a iphone it looks like. shame as the phone is fantastic. Not sure how i am going to get round the years subscription of the internet I took out at 4.00pm, maybe should have tried the phone in the car first.
Do you have 14 days to reject it?

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. The phone or the internet?. The phone I just bought straight out and the internet contract is for 1 year but our phone supplier is trying to sort it out. Not sure if he can. But looking to see if a Nokia N97 will work in the car. Cheers Joereg

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
As I found to my cost, only Nokia's & then not all & alledgedly some Blackberries will work with the VW version of Bluetooth, yep, I thought there was only one sort too.

This was according to the dealer I got mine off, after I had bought the car obviously.

I ended up parking outside Carphone warehouse taking one phone at a time out to the Treg to see what would work

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi. I have also been told by VW UK that no Blackberrys will work ethier. I have a friend that has a Nokia N97 so going to try it in my car. Hopefully this should work as it seems Nokia's (Most do, as you say) will work.
. Cheers Joereg. WILL POST IT ON IF IT DOES.

·
1,307 Posts
if it's any help i know N95 works too!!

·
5 Posts
So does the N85. Don't be lulled into thinking that the n900 will work though cos the Carphone Warehouse tired it and the car didn't see it.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
dom888 said:
My Blackberry Storm works.
Dom,
Do you have the address book and all the features, ie text messages on mfd, voice dialling etc. I can only connect my storm by asking it to listen for the car and then entering a 16 digit number. Only then do I get limited functionality. I've resorted to putting the sim card into a Nokia N95, which communicates with the car perfectly, no codes or faffing around.
Is yours a storm 2 by any chance?

·
54 Posts
I have the dealer fixed bluetooth kit and it works fine with both Blackberry and iPhone.

No screen but otherwise full handsfree, could be an option !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts