Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Intro and retrofit electric boot closing

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stu 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the whole Touareg experience, I bought a secondhand V10 two weeks ago. I am changing the car from a BMW M5 as we now have a baby and wanted a bit more space. I am planning on adding a few extras, heated steering wheel and paddle shift, I have already updated the sat nav to a RNS510. I noticed that the electric boot closing is only a ?100 option from the factory and figured that there might not be much extra to it. Does anybody know what is involved, or have they done this themselves. Any info appreciated.

It's great to find a UK based board where people aren't just having a go at each other all the time, I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Electreg

#2 ·
hi and welcome, there has been some stuff about this of late i am sure, just try a search and if nothing comes up you will be pointed in the right direction i am sure.

from memory though, the electric boot closing is only the last part to pull it shut, i know bmw do this. the full closure is from a button in the boot and obviously is a lot more complex and costly.

#4 ·
Hi Stu,
Thanks for the link, I had looked before and thought that the ?195 option included the full closing system, but the more expensive option was for remote operation, as per the Kufatec box. It all becomes clear now. I already have the one which closes the last inch and didn't realise it wasn't standard
I did a search before I asked but didn't find the thread, that answers all my questions perfectly. Thanks again.

Regards,

Electreg.

#5 ·
i think its safe to say like most german cars nothing is standard, everything is extra..

#6 ·
Hi All

i have a button in the drivers door that looks like it should do the boot but does not appear to do any thing should it? or is it just there incase the remote boot thing could be fitted

thanks

graham

#8 ·
ok thanks

graham

#9 ·
I recently bought a new (UK Stock) Treg which had the full Electric Boot operation already specified- how did I manage to live so may years without it- it is great!
As I push the Sainsbury trolley toward the car I press the Boot button on the key fob and as if by magic the boot opens on its own- it is worth every penny just to see the expression on peoples faces. Closing is even better- you just press a button inside the boot then walk away (no chance of my wife hitting her head by pulling the boot down like she did last year- don?t ask...).

Cas

#10 ·
That sound a great accessory

Cass

#11 ·
yes i agree, very handy for when you have got your hands full, or when you just want to impress your neighbours!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.