Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I`ve totally lost confidence in VW Altrincham- reasons why:
1. quoted £2500 to repair air con. Engine out and new compressor-NO THANK YOU
I had a new battery fitted a few months later and Hey Presto air con worked fine
2. quoted £1400 for new prop shaft - "comes in one piece , can`t just get bearing" they said
I sourced Fireow in Holmes Chapel who WILL repair or supply refurbished @ £175 fitted
3 quoted £350 to sort out non opening tailgate - smash rear light cluster etc
Job done ( new solenoid) for £50 - no smashed tail light!
4 quoted £450 for new wheel bearing
I got the job done for £150.00

Now I use VAG TECHNIK independent in Eccles 0161 707 2282

·
Chairman
20,322 Posts
Why would anyone smash the rear light cluster to manually release the tailgate if you have the keys to the car and can climb into the back to pull off the rear light cover to access the manual toggle?

And VW dealers only fit new prop shafts - they won't change the bearing - but the price should be just over £1,000.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Automotion Vehicle Engineering, Sudbury, Suffolk,01787 828242

Andy and Mark VW/Audi master tech trained and have worked on Tregs since their launch.
They have full vagcom setup.
very competitive labour rates.
They prefer to fit genuine parts, unless you state other wise.
most importantly they have never let me down or ripped me off!!
Very friendly knowledgeable chaps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Prestige Auto Repairs

http://www.prestigeautorepairs.co.uk/contact_us.html

111 Hoyle St, Warrington, WA5 0LP

and

Unit 1 Erwood Street, Warrington WA2 7NW

They have VW / Audi technicians also 2 master technicians and full VAG comm plus many other vehicle diagnostic kit

Also are warranty wise approved repair center.

Fantastic work and reasonable prices

·
Registered
19 Posts
For any West Yorkshire based members - I've been using Revolution Porsche, Brighouse.

http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/,

The business, which has just been expanded to include a workshop in the Leeds area, is owned by partners Russ Stanley, & Gareth Merrick (Top blokes).

Gareth is the VW Master Technician, & has a wealth of knowledge on all things Touareg.

I have not had any major work done there yet (Thank god), but Gareth tells me they have repaired a good number of Prop shafts & gear boxes with Valve Chest problems.

In September 2016 I had a service, which included the following...

* Oil Filter
* Cabin Filter
* Fuel Filter
* Air Filter

* Brake fluid Change

* Gearbox oil & Filter
* Diff Oils Changed

I also had the faulty rear passenger door lock diagnosed, & the lock module replaced.

All parts used were OEM. Labour £60/hr generally but for most things none Porsche (VW/Audi etc) they knock 20% off.

I supplied my own engine oil, as I'd purchased it some weeks prior.

Total bill was £832.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guys, Anyone recomend one in South East Essex, near to Southend, anyone have experiance of P Breading Motor Services Ltd, they are listed as VW/VAG independants.
Thanks

·
Mechanical Guru
3,020 Posts

21 - 29 of 29 Posts