Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think its good enough for "best pics" thread!!

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Hello sailor....

Treg still looks great Chris, and v. shiney, do you take much care on cleaning...? I clay bar'd the Treg and TT the other week and paintwork has come up like new, but shows where there are swirls and scratches that need taking care of.

Would def recommend claying any car, the amount of 'hidden' crap that was on the side and bonnet of the Treg was amazing.

Do you sail yourself? got a rig? something I don't do enough, and being where I am, there's no excuse for it.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thought that might fool people!

Nope, no sailors here, although I did learn on mirrors and wayfarers (?) when I was at school....many moons ago....

We were over in Norfolk and went on the Seal trip at Cley.

Paintwork always comes up well. It gets a (hand)wash every 1 -2 weeks and a wax probably every 6 months. Unfortunately its got plenty of little scratches and car park dings (like every motor approaching 5 years old) but these dont show on photos
GIven it had already done about 600 miles in 5 days at that point it looks pretty fresh.

Tyres are the new Maxxis jobs - look and feel (!) good and seem to be wearing OK (ie not at all yet!!)

Have never clayed a car - definitely not enough time on my hands to do that!!

8)

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Maybe I did it too quickly, but is no worse than washing 'carefully' by hand again after you've washed it the once. Wash again, polish and done... (should wax too really but I'm not that anal..
)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts