Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently became a happy (so far) owner of a VW Toureg Altitude (2005), having owned a Smart Roadster Brabus before!!!

Anywho, I have a few questions about the sat nav system which i believe is the RNS2 (dvd navigation).

1. How do you remove the "dest. active" label on the screen?

2. Is there a way that I can view DVD movies and/or TV on the RNS2 easily?

3. Is it possible to play MP3 cd's or Audio DVDs in the 6 disc changer or sat nav?? I did try using a MP3 Cd into the sat-nav unit but it said it was an unrecognised format, i just thought there must be a way around it.....!?!?!

Thanks

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
mabulzaritchy said:
Hi all,

I recently became a happy (so far) owner of a VW Toureg Altitude (2005), having owned a Smart Roadster Brabus before!!!

Not much difference there then!!

Welcome
and sorry I can't help with the real purpose of your post, but someone else who can will, I'm pretty sure, be along shortly!

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
I can't help with the RNS2 thing either.

But, in any case, I'm not talking to you until you sort the itching out ... I mean, go and get some powder or something. Take some pride in yourself for goodness sake. Or change your user name. :roll:

I dread to think what your avatar's going to look like.

G

·
1. Time seems to take care of it.

2. & 3. use the search facility - lots of posts about both.

PS would you mind not scratching when I'm talking to you!!

Cheers, Andy

G

·
Here you got;

Go into last destinations and DELETE / or stop navigation

NO sorry you cant play DVD's in the RNS2, niether in the 6 Disc or the headunit itself

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
bnl said:
Here you got;

Go into last destinations and DELETE / or stop navigation

NO sorry you cant play DVD's in the RNS2, niether in the 6 Disc or the headunit itself
There you go - I knew someone would have the answer.

·
749 Posts
2. There is an AV mod which allows you to play DVDs, it plus into the back of the unit. There is info in the forum somewhere about it.

The sat Nav disk can be renewed ... well bought new from www.teleatlas.com , the 2009 disk has TMC enabled with dynamic routing. But still cannot put in a full post code, personally i prefer my old Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts