Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading a Golf GTI forum post about faulty ignition switch contacts affecting the auto-unlock function on some cars. The ignition switch was a known issue on early Mk V GTI's but this has just reminded me I've had similar episodes since I got the Treg last month.

On a couple of occasions when I've been driving and then parked up, I've switched off and removed the key and the doors have failed to unlock. I've had to either manually unlock them with the door awitch or pull the drivers door handle twice to unlock the doors. My Comfort settings are to lock/unlock all doors automatically but it seems that I may have a problem

Anyone here had this issue with the Treg
:

Cass

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
No, I haven't.

I have had it once when my seats/steering wheel didn't automatically go back to the exit position when I removed the key, but that was before I set my comfort settings to lock on drive away.

It does sound odd that it is intermittent. Can you say whether this has happened after any particular other occurrence or after a certain length of journey?

Sorry to ask the obvious.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, don't recall anything specific or repetitive. It did happen after a drive up the coast (after about 40 miles) and twice locally when I pulled up at home but I'll keep any eye on it from now and check the Comfort settings again

Cass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts