Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boiler has packed up in the serviced aprtment we live in, grief immense from the other half, told nothing to do with the bloke I phoned, whilst I was in one after 2 hours of ear bashing for no hot water from my sweet loving screeching baby, not good at the best of times.

Anyway I then mentioned photo's below, that the valet parking are parking my pride and joy underneath some thing which is corroding into the paintwork. the manager then tells me its ok it washes out, this stuff ecthes into glass, if some one knows what it could be leaking from the above concrete beams.

Got a quote today from VW nearly a grand to fix it

Anyone any thoughts on which way I should persue this, and 10 days for someone to come and fix the water thing

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Had similar stuff damage a set of UPVC patio doors during our build - had to be scrapped and claim against builder's insurance....much to his disgust...... :roll:

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
I saw this on lots of cars left in the underground car park at British Airways HQ at Waterside near Heathrow. It especially affected those cars left while people went on overseas trips and the drip, drip drip over several days was bad news.

It is serious.

If it dries, you mark the paint removing it because it becomes a fine abrasive in the polishing cloth and you effectively polish with limestone sandpaper!

Quite a few cars had to be resprayed at BA's expense as it is the lime from the concrete leaching through, dripping on the car and eating the paint and glass.

As for the boiler, that is your landlord's responsbility. Ring the letting agent, be nice to start with, but very firm, and then give them hell every 4 hours night and day: that's what they're paid for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts