Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just installed a kenwood DNX 7200 head unit and kenwood reverse camera into my 2005 Treg.

The camera control box needs to be connected to a switched feed which is live when reverse is selected.

Can anyone advise where the best place in the car to find this is?

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
If the control box can be mounted in the rear of the car, then it would be easy to identify the feed - just locate the reversing light and tap into the wire that feeds that.

Please don't be offended, but if you are having to ask the question are you the right person to be wiring this in?

I'm happy to do simple stuff myself, but I have found that going to a good auto-electrician saves my knuckles, stops me swearing and gets the job done in a quarter of the time - properly with the right wire and connectors and, above all, SAFELY!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the response.

I have wired the rest of the system in with no problems.

The issue seems to be that I think the rear lights are controled by CanBus until very close to the actual light units making it very difficult to find the wire to tap into.

I have run the reverse sensing cable to the back lights, I have since tried to remove the lights by removing the two Hex type screws holding them in but am having a job freeing the light unit of the Ball Joint it seems to be attached to. I was hoping there may be another way around as I am worried I may crack the light when prizing it off

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
I know others have had problems pulling the rear light. Try doing a search.

But I do remember one of the tricks - you must pull the lamp out level [no up and down] and square [no side to side].

I'd make a hand hold using some tank tape on the light unit to effect the pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts