Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 3.0 tdi R Line. Canyon grey/ black. Every option except heated rear seats and engine pre heat.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a bit underwhelmed by the bi-xenon on my 2016 T4 though the Dynamic Light Assist is brilliant. Bulbs may have dimmed with age so have ordered a pair of Osram Xenarc DS3 Nightbreaker+200- get v good reviews but pricey. Whilst about it also ordered some Halogen Nightbreaker fir the swivelling Fogs. But wondering whether I’ll have to get my Indy to fit them as can’t find a straightforward how to guide. Looks as if the bumper will have to come off and concerned about the camera there and the adaptive cruise radar sensors there too. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,959 Posts
The bulbs in the fog lights are easy - there's a cover behind them in the front wheel arch, just prise it out to get access to the back of the lamp - the bulbs are H11 but be aware that some websites incorrectly identify the bulb from the registration number.

·
Registered
2016 3.0 tdi R Line. Canyon grey/ black. Every option except heated rear seats and engine pre heat.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks- that sounds straightforward then for the fogs. YouTube for xenon replacement suggests I will need first to remove the grill, then the wheel arch trim. Then loosen the bumper ends to get at the securing bolts fir the headlamps. Then bulb replacement. Sounds like a 2 to 3 hour job. So will have a go next week. Any help on how to do it from those who have changed bulbs , much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,867 Posts
There is a thread on how to remove a T3 bumper with pics - the T4 will be similar if not identical - I’ll post a link to it 👍

edit - here it is:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a thread on how to remove a T3 bumper with pics - the T4 will be similar if not identical - I’ll post a link to it 👍

edit - here it is:

Thank you. Just what I needed. What a faff though to replace a headlamp bulb!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the end , because I haven’t been too well, had the headlamp bulbs and fog bulbs replaced by my VW Indi. Interestingly he said he didn’t remove the bumper, headlights etc as per YouTube but just removes the air filter box and then replaced the bulbs from within the engine area- though it is fiddly. Charged me an hours labour(£60) for doing it inc replacing the front fog bulbs( which though easy would still have taken 10 mins ). So will see how the xenarc +250 bi xenons perform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts