Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 3.6 V6 FSI SE, Coil Springs
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I know it's not the 4.2 V8, or the 6.0 w12 (I wish so much it was!!) But every time I look for a 3.6 V6 Petrol Touareg I can find any.

According to this SITE there are only 16x left registered in the UK!!, surely there must be more than that?

·
Chairman
20,322 Posts
That's less than half the number of remaining Austin Allegros!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:ROFLMAO:, I know that site should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it does seem that the 3.6 V6 Petrol is pretty rare. Shame it doesn't make it worth more! LOL

This page reads slightly differently, depending on what CC category the 3.6 falls into, making it either 12, 31 or 43 in total still on the road.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is very true.

·
Registered
2005 V6 TDI
10 Posts
I don't know, when I was looking for a good spec V6 diesel, I kept tripping over V6 petrols for sale. If I did not need it for towing I may have been tempted. There was a nice high-spec one that I could have been tempted by had the rear locking diff as well.

May yet regret not going petrol as I don't do many miles in it and the DPF is toast already.:mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I would have had it. When I was looking I couldn't find any with the locking rear. That said I have never actually needed one yet, the traction control does a really good job with the limited stuff I have done.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
118 Posts
My car is poverty-spec but came with the rear diff locker. I had no idea about it at the point of (used) purchase.

Cannot be many early petrol V8's with rear diff lock left so I feel it's my duty to keep it alive for as long as possible. I have had the car for 15 years, it's a part of the family.

Reactions: Calcifur

·
Chairman
20,322 Posts
Well done keeping it going.

Hope you are changing the timing belt and sundries every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

·
118 Posts
Thanks, Sir.

Yes, she is being very well looked after. Just ticked over 100k miles so plenty of life left in the old girl.

As I write the front differential is currently away having new bearings installed. I removed it from the car myself but didn't have the guts to open up the diff since I don't really understand things like Backlash and Pre-load.

·
Chairman
20,322 Posts
Please let us know how the diff rebuild goes.

Reactions: AlexP
1 - 11 of 11 Posts