Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this activated?
I have a 58 plat 3,0 V6 TDi which I am generally well pleased with ( except for the Foot park brake and the lack of Xenon lighting).
However, the hand book states that the HLA function is automatic ....but not on my car.
Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Strange- it should be automatic- in mine when driving up a steep hill, when I bring the car to rest using the foot-brake, I release the foot-brake and the car does not roll back as it is held by the Hill Brake Assit which has clamped the brakes on (as long as the car is in a forwards gear). When you then press the accelerator it then builds but torque and releases the brakes so there is no roll back.

I hope this helps.

Cas

·
656 Posts
It's automatic. Basically it stops the car rolling backwards on a hill.

·
178 Posts
Is your car automatic or manual? If it is manual, first you have to apply the brakes and then engage first gear for the system to kick in. However, I have noticed that the slope has to be a bit steep for it to happen.
Max

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes that's right, on a slight gradient you will see that the car will creep forwards slightly, in my car it has to be a fair slope for it to work, it's a useful feature though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts