Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Today my Treg has developed a mad speaker feedback noise from the rear speakers. It stays on even when i lock up the car. Have tried radio settings etc, no luck.

What do i do here? Someone must have had the same issue.

Did a search and see some issues with crappy speakers but most are with just one speaker, i have it with rears including tweeters. Should i bin the fuse and take it to my dealer?

HELP - it's crazy loud and very annoying

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i thought too. Has just stopped after 3 hours. I was ready to get the fuse out the radio. Could easily be snow or ice or even major condensation as the weather is very poor here (as everywhere).

I hope it's a one-off anomoly!

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Surprise, surprise there is a specific firmware update to cure this problem.

http://www.mytreg.com/forums/showthread.php?4051-Strange-buzzing-from-speakers

I've had it and this subject has come up before on the forum. I drove down to the dealer (in a real strop) with the speakers buzzing like fury. They had had a Sirocco doing exactly the same thing.

Take it in to the dealer, if they haven't heard of it, refer them to Loder's Volkswagen Yeovil.

It may never happen again ... but if it does you know what it is now.

HTH

Chris

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Chris

Off to the dealer tomorrow to see if i can get them to do it. Shouldn't be an issue, the dealer is cool. (Verve Glasgow by the way).

Looking into full software update and also wee microphone that does voice activation too.

Might even ask them about remaps as they're quite clued up on them.

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right, visited my dealer and head unit upgraded to latest software. Fingers crossed this cures it!

Also they did a recall on the rear spoiler that was outstanding and as i know them well, they're replacing all the chrome as they say it's not 100%!!!

Seems like a worthwhile visit.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Result!

What version did they upgrade you to? Check that it's 2660 and not just 1162 - if not, you'll still have the same problem with your SD HC cards - but you were considering the upgrade with the voice mic anyway, weren't you?

Chris

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like it's 1162 only. I ordered the Ebay disc and mic for voice dialling so i'll give that a go. If i stuff it up, i'll take it back to the dealer.

Fingers crossed!

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i took my Treg to the dealer yesterday for them to fit new chrome under warranty. I asked the tech to install my new 2660 disc at the same time - he's a good guy and i thought it wiser to let him break it!

Anyway he called me after finding a VW bulletin suggesting that the 2660 upgrade is only suitable for later head units (C) and not for A and B. Mine is a B and he strongly suggested that i don't install the upgrade disc. The bulletin lists power problems as the main issue citing flat batteries and power based breakdowns as an issue in cars with the 2660 software on an earlier head unit.

I took his advice - voice control is not a big deal for me anyway, the 1162 upgrade seems to fixed everything except the 2gb SD maximum support which i have resolved by buying a 2gb card adapter from Ebay (I had a 2gb mico-SD kicking about).

Anyway - his advice was to tread carefully with the upgrade. Just thought you all should know this. (you may already, i haven't time to read every post!)

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeh, the bulletin also mentions that discs sourced from Ebay and some file sharing sites have been found to be pre-production software which is part of the issue.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Great post, matey.

In fact, Stu has pointed out some issues with the 2660 upgrade but feels that the good bits outweigh the problems but your post gives a little more background.

So, could you should put up something similar under the 2660 thread itself - that would be really helpful.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts