Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an irate Missus on phone! Hand/parking brake handle came off in her hand. I've searched the forum and numerous people have had it happen but has anybody actually replaced it themselves? I gather the part is about 12 quid?

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
This just happened to us the other evening...

Surfette, in her usual heavy handed manner, pulled the handle off whilst dis-engaging the brake.

Looks like it should be simple but would love some insight, if there's any about, before I start ripping it apart to try to replace.

Cheers,

Ev

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Excellent... That't the kind of post I like to read..

Will get the part and replace pronto..

Cheers,
Ev

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Part ordered and should be in Stealers tomorrow morning..

£12 something ...

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
EV , mrs w main driver & after countless similar posts have trained her to apply footbrake without trying to push it through floor & gently release handle ,
sods law it,l bust on me !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I know where you're coming from regards gently releasing the handle but ours seems to always require a couple of tugs, forgive me vicar, to make the light go out and the 'release brake' warning go away

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
not trying to tell you anything new EV but took me a while to suss it out after countless mercs with hand release which you pull on as hard as you can to release , ,the treg operates a bit different , ,just pull back the handle (firm but fair) then hold for a couple of seconds before letting go , ,takes a couple of practises but works a treat when you get it right

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Cheers Dude / Dudes...

Picked up the part today and had fitted it in about 5 minutes (once I found my pointed pliers to grab and pull the cable end back out when it sprung back in).

Nice one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts