Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left hand heated mirrior on my 05 2.5 Treg does not work, cannot find any reference to fuses, any help appreciated, right hand mirror is fine.

Thanks,
Derek

·
135 Posts
Neither of my heated mirrors were working recently. I also struggled to find which fuse fed them but I never dug too deep as I had the car going in for some warrenty work on the brakes and so I got them to check the mirrors out too. Both elements were open circuit and so they replaced both mirror lenses. The elements are famous for failing I think. You will probably find more info on here about them, including links to you tube clips on how to replace them yourself if you need to.

Hope his helps.

Andy

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
I didn't realise you had to switch them off so mine had been on a for a year! But they still work.

·
106 Posts
Don't you find keeping the switch in the L position better for the tilting feature when reversing? (Helpful question just in case you didn't know it was there)

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
I've tried that but it doesn't seem to work!

It's also useful so with one more more click to the left [i.e. to the nearside] the mirrors fold if you have to squeeze in tight in a lane or meet something with even bigger mirrors[!] at the same height on a narrow road.

·
21 Posts
My driver side heated mirror packed in also, brought it back to Agnews in Belfast where they replaced both passenger and driver side mirrors under warranty without a debate....Supposedly the heating element packed in, same as andy5mart above....!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts